HybridZ

who needs door panels s30? 99 cents

greghassen

Because all said and done it's about 10% going to ebay.

I'd also wager to say those are not cheap to ship.

Edit: This was the last and only item I sold last month, $20.50 Shouldn't be much right? 10.195% !

ebay_fee.jpg

Edited by JSM

9%! This is crazy. I understand the problem, but I hate the punish the group for a few bad apples concept.

So now I have to charge 9% higher on shipping to everyone I sell to just to break even? What kind of customer service is that?!

Edited by JSM

That's pretty pathetic. They could easily make it 9% of the shipping over X amount or something (or make the sales fee include shipping but lower the percentage to balance it out). Their profits are going to go through the second roof after this one. This is probably going to cause an increase in off auction sales, and then to combat that ebay will start charging higher insertion fees...

Everyone should start putting in their ads that ebay is charging a shipping tariff which comes out to 9.89% extra handling fees being passed onto the buyer. I always tried to be competitive enough with the shipping that I would even lose a little money when you consider the price of careful packaging.

Edited by getoffmyinternet

9%! This is crazy. I understand the problem, but I hate the punish the group for a few bad apples concept.

So now I have to charge 9% higher on shipping to everyone I sell to just to break even? What kind of customer service is that?!

more like 10%, actually.

(1 - percentage)(x) = [price you want]

Say you want 15 for shipping, after the 9% fee:

(1 - .09)(x) = 15 [where x is the price before the percentage that you will have to charge]

(.91)(x) = 15

15/.91 = x = 16.4835 [shipping you charge to get $15 in your pocket]

Which is 16.4835/15 = 9.89%

So you charge 9.89%.

Sorry, I'm doing linear algebra homework and this makes me feel better.