HybridZ

New Turbo Project

A long time in the works, but the project is finally coming together. We have had a Blown Carb combo,Blown Alky combo, a NOS combo ,and now a Twin Turbo Combo on E85. I want to thank ScottieGNZ, ZGAD, Rip (ZebraZ) and uncle Wayne, for information they shared with me years ago.I purchased the Turbos from Brian and Chris Tuten ,and they will be helping with the tuning. More info to follow.

post-1226-078944800 1304697160_thumb.jpg

post-1226-046692500 1304697228_thumb.jpg

Edited by jnjdragracing

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks pretty nasty guys. Too bad we don't have DNI anymore to show it off. Be sure to post some videos after you get it running.

I wish we still did have the DNI shootout, that always helped us to get motivatived with meeting a deadline, I hope to finish the piping in the next couple of weeks, i found the intercooler I want ,and plan on ordering it this week. Glad to hear from you Deja.Thanks Jerry

Jerry, you continue to impress me with some sick builds! :P That will be a monster (possibly faster than the blown Z?) and probably fun to drive too, hoohaa!

I'll have to visit you if I venture down yonder where you are in SC.

Davy

Jerry, you continue to impress me with some sick builds! :P That will be a monster (possibly faster than the blown Z?) and probably fun to drive too, hoohaa!

I'll have to visit you if I venture down yonder where you are in SC.

Davy

Davy , it should be faster than the carb(gas) blown setup, and we never got a good pass on the FI alky setup, but we will keep posting on the progress. Now we will be tuning with a laptop.I talked with the the Guys I purchase the turbos and they feel confident we should see around 1000 RWHP or more. YEE HAAA!!!! Thanks Jerry

As much as I truly love the photo of the wheel standing Z car with the blower, it would look that much more impressive with a stock hood (or cowl hood). Once you take it to the track, if you are feeling brave enough to break some things, please take off the wheelie bars and get a camera ready!! :D That would be so sweet looking...:2thumbs:

I like the way the wheelstand photo is used to answer the question, "Is the R200 strong enough?" All good stuff.

Davy

As much as I truly love the photo of the wheel standing Z car with the blower, it would look that much more impressive with a stock hood (or cowl hood). Once you take it to the track, if you are feeling brave enough to break some things, please take off the wheelie bars and get a camera ready!! :D That would be so sweet looking...:2thumbs:

I like the way the wheelstand photo is used to answer the question, "Is the R200 strong enough?" All good stuff.

Davy

Davy, still not using wheelie bars, and don't plan to start. My bddy calls them sissy sticks.

• 4 months later...