Jump to content
HybridZ

SH4DY

Members
  • Content count

    54
  • Donations

    0.00 USD 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Feedback

    0%

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About SH4DY

  • Rank
    Regular

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Richmond, VA

Recent Profile Visitors

489 profile views
  1. Not sure why those pictures are so damn big
  2. Started boxing in the former battery tray area: Trans is in! Going to have to redo the majority of the trans tunnel. Next step is to get a bead roller and start on the floors and finish the firewall. I think I might wind up going SLA ford 8.8": I started pricing out 5 lug conversions, brakes, suspension, LSD, axles, etc and its pretty cost prohibitive to keep the IRS. Pretty sure with a good 4 link and watts setup I can get this thing to handle pretty well... at least for any auto-x or back road driving I may do.
  3. Project Carbon LS30

    Trials and tribulations of an S30 build
  4. More welding for the drip rail: Trying to make this car as solid as possible with minimal bondo. Huge pain in the ass. Added some angle iron to help strengthen the front frame rails: After boxing in the lower portion of the rails I added a tubular piece to replace the factory frame rails. It is attached to the rear subframe. Mocking up the motor and the new subframe for the LS swap. I had some extra paint in the gun and wanted to see what it would look like on the car: Rustoleum Satin black mixed @ 15% with Acetone. Single coat. I like it. I think it'll compliment the carbon fiber well. Now that I have the motor in I can figure out the transmission mount and then start building the floors and tunnel.
  5. I was able to get a little more done last weekend. I cut out the horrible patch job on the outside of the drivers side frame rail, blasted, primed/painted and boxed in with 16 ga (I think? may have been thicker) sheet. I still need to do the small portion in front of the cross member mount. After spending a couple of hours fighting with all the spot welds trying to remove the brackets in the engine bay I gave up after seeing how weak/ think the metal was. It also became pretty clear how flimsy the shock tower support must be. So, I cut a healthy chunk of it out (pretty close to the perimeter spot welds) and added new sheet (22 ga) along with some 3/4" tube. Once I get around to the fixing/ replacing sections of the firewall I'll add bracing to the back of the towers to the firewall. Also shaved the drip rail. Still very much a work in progress
  6. With the several layers of epoxy resin, and maybe a coat of clear, it should be pretty well contained
  7. Post >East-Coast Craigslist / Ebay links here

    https://richmond.craigslist.org/pts/6205423910.html My junk
  8. Pikes Peaks 2016

    Damn man that sucks but at least it happened there and not earlier in the course where it looked like it was just a sheer cliff. Like others have said, cars can be rebuilt, glad youre ok. That course looks sketchy AF though... youve got way bigger balls than me.
  9. On to the pictures: The Z as she arrived in all her glory/ misery. I'm pretty sure the car was used for practice by a highschool body shop class Who needs metal for a floor board? and the rust... ohhh the rust: After some cutting/ sanding and priming: I'm also redoing the steering wheel. Took off the old gross rubber, attached some MDF and started shaping. It'll eventually be wrapped in carbon. Lots and lots of hours to go with the media blaster and sander.
  10. Top notch work! You can tell this isn't your first rodeo. How do you like that tube bender? The dies being as much as the unit made me look at the "affordable bender" (bottle jack type). Haven't pulled the trigger on either one yet though. Keep up the good work
  11. First of all, hello! I'm a newb here but not to modding. I've lived on the norotors forum for the past few years after building a couple of LS swapped RX-7's. I still have my FC (Solid axle, 4-link, LS1, 88mm turbo, TH400) and I'm trying to sell it to fund this project. Anyway, I came across a '77 280z that had been sitting for 20+ years. From what I can tell it was silver from the factory, then red, then silver again. Lots of piss poor bondo work and rust. Lots of rust. But, for the price I got it for, I can't complain. I've already started cutting the floor pans out. I have a torn down LS6 that'll be worked into an 11.0:1 382 with a custom BTR cam and a T56 waiting once I get the body sorted. I've had good luck with MS3Pro on my RX-7 so I'll probably go with that on this one as well. I'll get some pictures up soon.
×