HybridZ

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm upgrading to a 2-bar map sensor for a SD (speed density) tune. The stock maf/map combo will max out the maf sensor and it won't know the correct air/fuel mixture past a certain boost pressure. 2 bar is good for up to 15 psi and I don't intend to pass that. GM part number 12615136 is the one I purchased.

It bolts up to the factory location and seals and uses same pin connector?

NICE!

Yes, well it should! Lol I'll check tonight and make sure but it's an LS1 style map sensor. Some do not come with rubber gaskets so I'll have to check and see if mine did. 2-bar is good up to 14.5 psi and after that it guesses...

Sadly no it's just a show n shine type deal with raffles and best of show type awards for the top 3. Voted by all people that entered cars in the show. And you can go earlier to see the assembly plants near by if you sign up in time. Keith had talked about racing close by after potentially but we haven't made plans yet. I'm hoping to get my turbo build done before then but we'll see. If not I'll go naturally aspirated but I'll be there!

I don't want to thread jack, so we might want to start a ZAttack thread in the events forum (?).  Socorob, you will not likely win any awards at this show-the only cars that won were either concours quality or rat rods.  Those of us who just have really nice cars, like yours, likely won't win crap.  It is a GREAT hang-out type of show.  Lots of cars, but a really tight footprint.  I plan to just set up a folding chair behind my car and listen to the fun comments and questions.  Remember when I started a thread about doing burn-outs and totally freaked out the organizers?  Anyway, I think we could try to organize a drag racing night on one side of the show or the other-I have no plans to hang around for the door prizes or awards.  Nashville has a nice track-not sure if it is 1/8 or 1/4, but I think 1/8.  I'm planning to bring my car in landspeed setup, but it would just be a matter of swapping rear tires to become a drag car. We also have a track at Etheridge, TN that is really nice, but they don't prep well for TnT.

If it fits it ships! Lol it's a little guy by Borg Warner standards but I was doing a little bit of rough test fitting earlier today and the pictures do it some justice. It will be moved 1" forward towards the radiator and I need to clock the compressor housing more but you get the picture. Trying to get 3" intercooler hosing to fit in through those stock frame holes too. Stubby air filter is going to be hard to come by. Seems to be an issue with most afterthought turbo setups.

post-18996-0-28338600-1446160984_thumb.jpg

post-18996-0-71104800-1446161019_thumb.jpg

Edited by EastTnZ

• 1 month later...

Update:

I only lack the oil drain/feed lines and a 90 degree fitting on the 10 an side for the oil pan. I am dropping off the oil pan for a local fabricator to weld a 10an bung onto it. $40 is the going rate and I figure that's better than worrying about a bulkhead fitting or something similar.

Parts bought:

-60 lb Siemens Deka Injectors EV1 107961

-2" crossover, t4 flange/gasket, & 3" downpipe mild steel piping from columbia river mandrel bends

-2.5" intercooler kit

-upgraded fuel components (dual walbro setup - same existing 6an feed)

-adjustable bov

-44mm wastegate 5/10/11 lb springs

-VHT black paint

-APSX-D2-WHT Wideband O2 Gauge (DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK - AEM UEGO Wideband is what you need and it's very similar in price)

-GS-C701 52mm Glowshift Boost Gauge

-RU-2510 stubby K&N Air Filter

-12615136 GM 2 Bar Map Sensor

-12578342 & 12571680 Non EGR Truck Manifolds

-12499224 LS6 Valvesprings

-S366 Borg Warner .91 A/R 177275 Turbo

Hoping to have it all mocked up and ready to start tuning shortly after the holidays in January but we'll see. Goal is to be running around in it by March.

post-18996-0-26548600-1450276765_thumb.jpg

post-18996-0-48159100-1450276825_thumb.jpg

Edited by EastTnZ