HybridZ
auxilary

So you want to swap a ROTARY into your Z! (how-to)

Owen    10
Im still confused by the oil system in it

So theres no way to get a more stock system i dont want to do the oil in the gas becuase i could forget or something

If you use an S4 oil metering pump (oil) which is mechanical you should be ok. The S5 is controlled by the ecu. But if you use a GSLSE front cover, you need the MOP specific to it, even tho it's 13B. So no using an S4 MOP. Those are my findings.

Owen    10
You can DEFINATLY use a 12at (old cosmo) front timing cover on the front of a jc cosmo 13bt it also has the turbo oil drain built in and also has a mechanical metering pump..

I don't think we have the 12ATs here, but that's good to know. So this front cover has old style mounting (4 holes for crossmember) AND fits on 13BT blocks?

Owen    10
Would This be good for applications pushing upwards of 350 Hp

Im surprised there isnt a Standalone Ecu that has this built in yet

Are you talking about the MOP or the RCE? I don't know if stand alones control the MOP, most people just premix. If you're THAT forgetful, get a white mailing address label and a permant marker and stick it to the inside of your gas door. The write, "DON'T FORGET TO PREMIX" :-)

rbs30    10

yeah the 12at was only brought out in japan..a fair few get imported here to aus though.. however they are starting to get scarce now..yes they have the 4 bolts on the front for the engine mounts and yes they are good hp as my rx3 made 490rwhp with a ta45

Hugh    10

Rotaries with solid engine mounts are much smoother than typical piston engines on solid mounts. The rotating motion of the engine just doesn't send the horrible teeth rattling shake at idle.

I have several friends who daily drive solid mounted rotaries, and they don't seem to mind too much. I've driven a couple and they were not so bad.

dosquattro    10

Instead of running the RE could you just run a complete 13B from a T2 and not have to worry about the premix gibber jabber? This is the swap I want to do once the L28E blows. I like sound and small package of the rotary and how far you can set it back but this premix stuff kinda changes my mind. But this is just for the RE or would this be for any 13B?

auxilary    39

yes, you can do that. the problem is you'll need to retain the rat's nest of wiring and sensors that are included for smog equipment and such, in order to run the stock ECU.

you're also limited on power output because the stock ECU cannot control high rate flow injectors, should you want more power.

dosquattro    10

What are the limits of the stock ecu? Since I'm not looking for a monster rotary. I mean how much of a weight loss is gained from 13b over the L28? Not to mention the better weight distribution. You might not be able to get alot out of the stock ecu but when you count the weight loss, and better placement you can count that into the use of the stock ecu equation

auxilary    39

a 13b longblock without accessories is about 180-190 lbs. tranmissions is about 90-100lbs. turbo, intercooler, alt, starter, pulleys (no ac/ps) tacks on another 100lbs or so.

stock injectors are 550cc for both primaries and secondaries. stock ecu can support 720cc injectors, if memory serves. past that i tihnk you have to go piggy back or stand alone. Remember, the trick to having a "reliable" turbo rotary is cooling, heat dissipation, and a fuel system running rich

Gollum    23

So are the 400+hp RX7s out there running premix or different standalones? Or are they just running leaner than they should?

Sounds like a hassle and a hazard to run remix in a tank system that wasn't designed for it. But I know you know what you're talking about aux, wich is why I ask :-D

Alex_V    10
Something to think about, I was reading a while back some guy on rx7club converted his mecanical oil injection pump to use an external tank. Then he ran some oil that bruned better and oiled better and ran like 50:1 premix like one a month.

Sounded like it was perfect as you didnt have to worry about burning engine oil or clogging fuel injetors and filters with oil. Or mixing it every time you fill up. Something to consider if you can still do that.

So nobody saw that then?

~Alex

Gollum    23

You never stated what he was using to control the oil injection, though I admit I don't fully understand the process anyways. And do you know how many rx7 owners do this? You mention only one but I know there's tons of decently modified rotory cars out there.

But don't feel neglected, I saw your post I just should have written a more complete post with more specific questions :D

auxilary    39

It essencially functions like a 2stroke, so pre-mix does not harm anything. In fact, you run pre-mix designed for 2 strokes in it. Sure, it's a pain to measure it out, and occasionally you have to clean the injectors... But you never have to worry about the metering oil pump failing and causing engine failure.

There are external setups as mentioned above to pump oil from a separate reservoir rather than crank case, commonly found in aircraft rotary applications. Another advantage of using pre-mix is that you can run synthetic oil in the crank case.

randy 77zt    10

i dont see why people see using 2 stroke oil as hassle -its just that they are not used to using it.i have a 22' speed boat with a 300hp mercury outboard.it has a separate 3 gallon oil tank and you can run about 5-6 tanks of gas as long as the oil tank is full.back in 1st gen rx7 days my cousin had old rx7.it burned about 1 qt every 500 miles.i would much rather have an oil tank than run the crankcase out of oil.2 stroke oil is designed to burn so it burns much cleaner.the cheapest good oil is yamaha watercraft oil-you goto dealer with a 1 gallon jug or 5 gallon jug and buy in bulk at $15 a gallon.the redline full synth i run in my boat is $35 a gallon.i would suspect that good oil will make the rotor seals last longer.run 2 stroke oil through fuel injectors does not plug them -mercury marine runs the oil through the injectors no problem.i just sent the injectors on my boat engine to rc engineering for a flow test and clean and the injectors were within 2.6% of each other when they got there.

Guest NISSAN4EVER   
Guest NISSAN4EVER

This is really really REALLY dumb lol, a true waste or time, money and space lol........... blasphemy