HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

whats up guys, i have a 83 2+2 280zx and everytime i crank her up, i look under the rear in front of the gas tank, and theirs a small puddle of fuel on the ground. I think its comeing from the fuel filter but im not sure because i dont no exactly what that unit is by the tank. It might be a leak in the hose i dont know. can anyone tell me what the heck this thing is and how to fix it? thanks

DSCN0809_thumb.JPG

3899_thumb.attach

3900_thumb.attach

3901_thumb.attach

hgeorge1..Sounds like it would be cheeper and easier to pay someone to do the work for you. (hint) JK I always wanted to do my custom stuff myself too. Thats the whole reason I got into paint and body. Icouldnt afford to pay for classes though so Ilearned most of what I know by trial and error (and ALOT of questions at my local paint supply stores :) )

BTW You got ant pics? Would like to see it before you do the body work.

Sorry it took so long but this link will take you to all the pictures I could find of different things I've done with the car...so far. Remember it's a work in progress.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/hgeorge1@swbell.net/albums

Hudson

whats up guys, i have a 83 2+2 280zx and everytime i crank her up, i look under the rear in front of the gas tank, and theirs a small puddle of fuel on the ground. I think its comeing from the fuel filter but im not sure because i dont no exactly what that unit is by the tank. It might be a leak in the hose i dont know. can anyone tell me what the heck this thing is and how to fix it? thanks

I only looked at the first picture because it took awhile to download due to size, but that's your fuel pump and one of the hoses needs to be replaced... Make sure you use the proper high pressure fuel injection hose and it's probably a good idea to replace both hoses while you're at it

well id like to say hi. i just bought my first Z yesterday. completely stock.. never been touched.. coming from the honda community, and switching to a rwd torque monster in comparison is a bit different.. dont have any pictures as of this moment.. but as soon as she gets a bath.. and a quick detail.. you will have pictures i promise.. ohh and its a 80' slick top.. btw.. i know the cars been repainted, where do i find the original color code at? thanks !!!

if the re-painter didn't remove the sticker it would be a gold sticker on the front core support.

COLORCODE.jpg

yea thanks alot.. the painter didint do the core support or the engine bay.. the car is some sort of a silver.. and id like to repaint it the factory color.. thanks again!

I bought a '79 ZX auto for my son to use as his first car/project car, along with a /80 2+2 5 speed T-top parts car. A few months after I brought both of them home, a local told me he noticed the Z's in the driveway. He told me he had an '82 T-top 5 speed sitting in his yard that he was going to strip a few parts off of to fix his wifes 2+2, and that I could have the rest when he was done for free if I wanted to tow it home when he was done. I ended up swapping him the parts off my parts car (1 rear stub axle and brake diff, hood hinge/spring assembly, and the fuel pump for his "parts car". I put a battery in it, started it up and drove it home. I've changed the fuel filter, swapped 1 fender and the hood from the parts car, new tires (it had been sitting on the old flat tires for several years), and put in new spark plugs and an air filter. So far over the past 6 months it's been running like a new car. (was reading 88,000 miles when I picked it up, possibly original miles, now reading 95,400miles). Both cars are works in progress, but someday they should be as nice as some of the cars on here. Between the 2 running cars and the parts car (including 8 tires) I have right around $1600 total invested.

Here's my son's 79 as it was when we brought it home.

1001061625ci5.jpg

Today

79zxrb0.jpg

My 82 day 1

82280zx1wv7.jpg

when I first swapped the fender, still on old tires

82280zxjh9.jpg

Today

82zx1ju4.jpg

well as promised.. heres pictures of my very first Z car!! every thing works.. even the a/c.. its ice cold!!! only reason for it being on a trailer was that it was about a 45 min drive back to my house.. and the car had not been on the road in about 5 years!! belive it or not.. theres no rot.. only surface rust in about 2 or 3 places.. and i can chip it off with my finger nail.. you wouldnt belive what i paid for her either!

1020071749.jpg

1020071749a.jpg

1020071908.jpg

At least a repaint should finish it off nicely, much better than having to completely redo the entire enterior too.
well theres a few things id like to do.. one being the MSA body kit.. but i havent been able to find out if its fiberglass or poly.. not really into the whole fiberglass thing..

• 2 weeks later...