HybridZ

Sign in if you own an s130!

007max

*Yes, tan and brown interior with a digital dash; the towel covers one crack in the dash (magnet clamps keeps the towel stationary); recently refreshed OEM seats & leather covers; new floor mats and other interior parts have been purchase from MSA; and …….. The t-tops leaked until a body shop (Darwin’s in Jonesboro) closed them up at my request.

280zxtJohnHhiswheelspictureinsideth.jpg

Hello John,

Do you have more picture of your seats?? i'm planning on redoing mine. As you can see on my post up there, my leather seats are cracked. Where did you buy your covers? Do they fit well??

Hello John,

Do you have more picture of your seats?? i'm planning on redoing mine. As you can see on my post up there, my leather seats are cracked. Where did you buy your covers? Do they fit well??

BY,

Thanks for your inquiry. If you like, I can take addition photos and send them to you via PM as soon as possible. The pattern is not Nissan style but I like them and they fit nicely and are holding up just fine; however, it is still too early to tell. The cushions were rebuilt and then leather covers were added. These covers were made by the following shop in Bryan (TX): M & M Upholstery. Phone: 979-775-8169. The cost for me was $400. He took the right seat out of the car and made a pattern for both. When they were done, I arrived and left with two newly refreshed seats!!

Let me know if you want additional photos and any more information via PM!!

John

83NA...$500, drove her home, and got a matching parts car for $300. Digital dash, power windows, voice system...all functional. Interior...total write-off. LF fender and hood will be replaced with parts from the parts car. I will be driving this while I work on it, so getting it mechanically sound is my first priority. She still has quite a bit of pep!

IMAGE_103.jpg

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all. My mom found this car on craigslist while i was getting ready to deploy and they went to look at it. bought it like this for 3500. put new brakes, filters, and fluids when i was home on r & r. my parents are going to have it painted and a new front spoiler put on. it's gonna be metallic black. i'm trying to decide what wheels to put on.

russ_s_car_z_023.jpg

russ_s_car_z_021.jpg

interior001.jpg

I would post a picture... but the weather is crappy and its dark outside.

I have a brown 2+2 with tan interior,( Payed 700 for it from a nice old couple, Very tiny rust.. runs Great! ) i'm currently stripping it down and am already fiberglassing the entire interior of the car. ( minus carpet and seats of course ) It's going to be my baby.. Luckily I found a 83 coupe manual for a good parts car.. and will be swapping that trans soon. The 2+2 will be black, with black cherry trim inside and under the hood.. plus some exterior and interior mods I won't mention just yet. :D

Its going to be fiberglass on wheels! My actual goal is to get the car as light as possible, just to see how much weight I can really shave off a car, and yes, i'm aware a 2+2 is like 190 more pounds than a coupe. ;P But I like it!

I think if you like the look of the 2+2 the added wheelbase might be worth the weight depending on what you're doing. A lot of the weight is in the added weight for safety in the doors and side bracing, which could be reduced and/or removed if you had a decent cage setup.

Just try to get a before and after weight for us. ;)

The other nice thing about a 2+2 is that if you're insane there's quite a bit of room back there for an engine....

1979 280zx 2+2 5sp NA. Picked it up as an abandoned project with engine and gearbox rebuilt, new lowered springs and shocks. Engine was in, but none of the accessories or wiring. Engine goes well, was rebuilt with compression around 10:1 and I'm currently fitting Megasuirt. Gearbox unfortunately is crap,selecting across the H is extremely tricky. Going from 5th to 4th, your as likely as not to end up in 2nd assuming you don't get it stuck. I'll drop it out one of these days.

Photo is at the last club motorkhana, can't get the handbrake to lock the rears so a hydraulic handbrake is another thing to add to the list.

Going to my first Dirt Sprint this weekend for a bit more fun!

280zx 020108_thumb.JPG

hey nbesheer...i'm not sure really...i've been looking at some konigs that have the black center and chrome outside. i think it would look good on my car once its painted black. i mean, i like the wheels that are on it now, but they're pitted and stuff and it looks like there's some kind of coating on them that's coming off. sorry, i really dont know a whole lot about cars, just enough to not get screwed by a mechanic, lol. thanks!!

Yeah you have 280zxx 6 spokes and that is the clear coating coming off, it's coming off of mine and my turbo wheels as well, you can always do this. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=124660

wow, thats a nice job. Here's what i did with my 6 spokes. I'd like to redo it with the tires and valves off though, and get the pitting from the old weights filled.

rim1ed0.jpg

And how they match the car:

P1010224.jpg

Hey all. My mom found this car on craigslist while i was getting ready to deploy and they went to look at it. bought it like this for 3500. put new brakes, filters, and fluids when i was home on r & r. my parents are going to have it painted and a new front spoiler put on. it's gonna be metallic black. i'm trying to decide what wheels to put on.

russ_s_car_z_023.jpg

interior001.jpg

that looks nice in red too, i would keep it red if i was short on cash, but that's your decision.

that interior is amazing, make sure to buy leather conditioning product to keep that leather alive. I use Lexol product, they are very good.

btw, is that cupholder the one that motorsport z is selling??