HybridZ

Z Prices

Challenger

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/1890374584.html

Saw this on craigslist, was suprised by his claims on suggested prices. Sure enough looked it up, he was right.

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-22-1-5013-0-0-0&l=1&w=22&p=1&f=5014&y=1972&m=1254&d=2208&c=13&vi=79028&z=99208&da=-1

Has nada always been that high? I cant imagine selling much of anything even at the low retail price.

Edited by Challenger

6k isn't bad, the tail lights don't fit into its valuation.

I seen a original, probably as close to perfect as you can find going for 13k about 5 years ago.

I don't put much into what the book value is, No matter what it says people will only pay so much.

There are always plenty of project Z's for a quarter of the price.

My 72 240Z came in parts, and I paid via paypal.  The DMV wanted a bill of sale to tax me for what I paid for the car.  Since I didn't have the bill of sale with me, they offered to look up the New York State book value and charge me taxes on that. I figured about $3000 or so, but when the lady got off the phone with the capital, she said that the car was listed as $12,000 value in the books.  Needless to say I paid less than a quarter of that so I went home to "get" the bill of sale.    

Edited by cygnusx1

7K value difference between my '73 and my early '74.

That is QUITE a gap. I tend not to believe it.

I'm thinking all the numbers are a little optomistic.

I wonder what the BRE replica currently on ebay is worth?

(personal favorite paint scheme)

I checked the above site, the AUCTION sales/values are lower than nada...good for us :)

Edited by jasper

Soon, only those who truly appreciate the car will be able to afford it, and I can start selling parts off the hoarding...

That day will make me sad. :[

I plan on keeping my Z forever and ever but I fear that of course when something needs repair or replacement I won't be able to afford it. I think of my Z kinda like a gun. An investment where hopefully the value of it will either stay the same or steadily rise. Hopefully...

I won't make money off my Z's, so the price of acquisition is fairly irrelevant.

But the quality of people seeking to buy parts will definately improve. You can deal with bottom feeding want-everything-for-nothing for only so long.

Then, you either go out of business (hurts the community) or take on a more militant stance towards them (Gene Berg Approach).

Gene Berg is still a premier name in VW Parts, in a sea of overseas competition that can get you 'the same thing' for 1/10th the price.

Or can it?

Intelligent people know that mechanically is one thing, but intrinsically it's something totally different. The imitators will drop you like a hot potatoe when the volume drops and their shite is not worth making. And they move on.

Once the price / volume thing shakes out, high cost, high quality parts will be the only thing that remains and the cheap shite you can get will be just that: Cheap Shite.

I look forward to that moment.

Well i look forward to when texas isnt run by a bunch of retards and when i go to the dmv to bond a title because a guy was lazy and didnt register the car, and ofcourse it was sold with no title then i got it (again with no title) and during the "bondong" process they look up a value of 7k+ for a POS BOUGHT AS A PARTS CAR 280zx that i got running instead of chopping it up. Oh yeah then the 5-6% bond will cost me 350+ on a $500 parts car purchase. God how i hate taxes, the idiots in office, and the stupid laws people somehow pass.