HybridZ

Good luck all on the East coast.

cygnusx1

I am spending tomorrow, tying down all my stuff, relocating my cars to a safer place, and trying to find a spot in my home where we are less vulnerable to the surrounding 90 foot oak trees. :blink: The storm's eye is tracking almost directly over us for Sunday.

I've already swapped my Jeep with my DD since the barn I was keeping my DD in is pretty flimsy. We had a pretty good storm here a few weeks ago that took down a few trees, and after that storm I noticed the door to that barn stopped latching! Gonna prep our generator Saturday, and we should be fine otherwise.

To all in the east coast,get ready and start the preparations need to get through this storm safely. We got a lot of rain here in Puerto Rico,but She was only beginning category #1. Now She`s much stronger! Take care of yourselves and the family and of course the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !

My family is stuck in Jamaica due to flights being cancelled for Sunday. Today I will spend the day making sure everything at their house is tied down and nothing flys away.

Me, I will be at work all weekend 16 hour shifts trying to keep the lights on! Good luck everyone! Flooding is expected for our area and it has been raining for the past two days. If this storm hits the way we are predicting - lots of people will be without lights. :unsure:

Finally arrived home this morning [about 5:30am]. Due to originally arrive home Sunday evening, Irene had a different plan. Drove across Ireland from Shannon airport to Dublin, stay there overnight [thank you Delta airlines-great hotel and 3 meals on them!], fly Tues am from Dublin to Chicago then to Atlanta, stay overnight [on our dime] then to Buffalo-wait, we live in Rochester!? So, I cook up plan b. We arrive at O'Hare and I attempt to get us direct or indirectly to Rochester-no luck, so plan b is enacted-rent a car and drive straight thru!

Lots of overhead wires mixed with big toppled oaks in our neighborhood:

Power was out Saturday 6p.m. through Monday

Cable out Saturday through Monday

Telephone landlines out Saturday through Tuesday

Have a small Honda generator for the essentials: water pump, fridge, microwave, and TV...no A/C.

Watched an Indiana Jones 4-movie marathon. He's always in the desert or a jungle, so it "felt" right.

If the iPhone could do laundry I'd be pretty comfortable. :D