HybridZ

Bonk's RB25 lives

wrcbonk

I finally got my RB25 to start, even idle. It was a comedy of errors between coolant and fuel leaks, but its running. Check out the videos. The first one is the actual second start from yesterday (with substantial help from Rejracer) and the second video I made this morning.

Still have lots to do cleaning up electrical, finding an exhaust solution, generally putting the car back together.

Bonk

Sanjeev aka GTZ has a roller on the end of his manifold for the cable. I mentioned that he should have done a double roller, one with a convex wheel and one with a flat wheel to tension and retain it into position. He hasnt gotten around to doing that and I think he is still unsure about that idea, but his cable pops off every so often. I copied RS-Speed's cable install on my own, but that puts the cable on the bottom of the manifold. I used the manifold studs to secure a bracket for the cable underneath, but it leaves very little room to adjust the alternator belt.

IMG_0483.jpg

The smoke will subside as long as you do not have an oil leak or gasket leak. Id bet you have residual oil on the manifold itself that is burning off. Even if you touch it with clean hands it seems you get oils on the manifold that burn off. Also most of these engines get the armorall treatment when they come over here so that also has to burn off. Good chance that the smoke is no biggy and the first real test drive that gets the temps above 800* will burn all that off.

Your timing is in Base mode at the moment as well without the TPS plugged in.

Questions,

So what exactly was involved with that harness and what did it cost you. It appears that you sent them what you had left and they repaired it and built in your ECU connections? Is that correct? Or did they make it with a pig tail harness to connect the ECU harness into?

Edited by rayaapp2

I was very happy with the service. The owner, Yury, is very responsive to e-mails. My understanding is that they build these to order, so you will want to get an idea of their schedule for completion. If its an R33 they will need to know the series and what kind of ECU. The only thing missing from the harness from Wiring Specialties was a plug for the boost solenoid controller. It doesn't matter because VENUS didn't give me the solenoid when I bought the engine anyway and they didn't return my e-mails or phone calls asking about the part, thanks VENUS!

Excuse the rant. I have worked with lots of people getting things done for my project. Yury is tied for first with the old machinist guy who made my fuel tank nut ring for $40.

Bonk

Thanks, wedge it feels great, still lots to do to get it on the road. Got the oil pressure and temp gauges running tonight.

Ray and s30rb25, my harness was so mangled that I opted to buy an entire new harness. I didn't send them anything. I just plugged in my ecu and made a few connections.

Bill