HybridZ

Judging interest in Hybrid Z T-Shirts

iBang

I've been doing a lot of thinking about making a hybrid Z shirt lately and I think its time to check and see if the interest is out there to make a run of them. I've got a PM in to SuperDan for permission to use the name, but in the mean time while I'm waiting to hear back from him, I figured it was time to see if the interest was out there from the membership.

I don't have a design yet, but I'm imagining something along the lines of the "engineered to be feared" stickers that were done a while back. The only set in stone feature is that it will have a S30 on it somewhere and it will feature the HZ logo text. The design will flesh itself out once I put my artist hat on and start working on it, but I would appreciate any input anyone has up front.

Price will end up between $15-25 depending on the number of colors and complexity of the shirt when the design is finalized. Shipping will be flat rate $8 irregardless of how many shirts are ordered. I may do some sweat shirts if the interest is there.

For those interested in my background - I'm a partner in a vinyl and shirt business and I try to make special runs of shirts and/or graphics to help out the groups who I interact with. I've already done the last run of stickers for the forum and that was fun. I'd like to do some more HZ stuff since I like hanging out here and frankly I'd like a shirt to wear to meets and what not.

If you're interested - post up! I just need a rough idea of how much interest is out there to make sure we can get over the minimum quantity to make screening worthwhile. There's other options to explore even if there's only a few people wanting them, but screening is where it is at for a really cool shirt, and we need to get 15ish to make it worth while.

I'd be down for one if they are printed on a high quality shirt (please, no Haynes tag less or something of the like.) I'm happy to pay more for a better quality, something like American appeal. As for the design, I like the classic logo with the Z outline on the home page. Actual pics tend to not print well.

This looks like enough preliminary interest for me to go ahead with some artwork at least. I expect a lot of people might be waiting in the wings but not sure until they see how the shirt will look.

I'll get working on that and post up something for opinions when I get something past the preliminary stage.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to bump this up. Business got busy and I didn't work on the design for a while. Fortunately for the shirts, things slowed down a bit and I finished up my artwork. In any case, here's what we ended up with:

preview1.jpg

That design has been approved by the board and we're going ahead with it! I'll be posting up a new thread to take orders in a couple weeks. Right now I need to get past an event on the 17th that is going to take all of my attention.

• 2 weeks later...