HybridZ

Who the heck's datsun is this?!

vega

He sounds very american ;)

Huh? What does his name have to with whether he is an American or not? And what does that have to do with his car?

From the HybridZ Rules:

8. While we are on the subject, we want you to stay off of your religious or political soapboxes as well. Religious or political topics should be avoided. Any posts that stray into the realm of politics and religion will be closed and/or deleted. This is a car website, so let’s keep it focused on cars.

It not an "atypical" name- no racial/political/religious intent behind it. Just thought it was interesting. I enjoy names, I have been writing books for a myriad of years- I have a certain affinity toward names such as these. Also for future reference, all that politically correct "stuff", may as well through it out the window. There is too much emotion for me to even remotely care. People will be offended by a couch if they want to. If someone wants to be offended by something they will choose to be offended. THAT sounds like a personal problem that they need to seek out psychiatric help for which is beyond more than I personally care. Just for future reference.

Ahmad is a Canadian and a Mechanical Engineer by training, he lives in the Toronto area and races at Mosport mostly. His Datsun Z race cars were built by Whitehead Performance (www.whiteheadperformance.com) and he first ran very highly developed NA L6s, then went to a Turbo L6 and now he runs the 4.3L Chevy engine (not Grand National engine). He is quiet and unassuming. I was lucky to do some laps in his newly developed 4.3L 240Z a few years back and the car is brutally fast as per the video.

Regards - Yasin

Ahmad is a Canadian and a Mechanical Engineer by training, he lives in the Toronto area and races at Mosport mostly. His Datsun Z race cars were built by Whitehead Performance (www.whiteheadperformance.com) and he first ran very highly developed NA L6s, then went to a Turbo L6 and now he runs the 4.3L Chevy engine (not Grand National engine). He is quiet and unassuming. I was lucky to do some laps in his newly developed 4.3L 240Z a few years back and the car is brutally fast as per the video.

Regards - Yasin

what is up with the 4.3 he was running? na? what's done to it?

"People will be offended by a couch if they want to."

You better couch that statement with clarification, I've been told by many my couch is pretty offensive...

I hope I never sit on that couch sir, I would assume it has to do with a mother in law?

what is up with the 4.3 he was running? na? what's done to it?

It wasn't just the buick GN that had a turbo 6 chevy. Could be a 4.3 out of a syclone/typhoon mated to a t56 or a wc t5, those had 4.3 v6 turbos. If memory serves, pontiac also had a 20th anniversary trans am in 1989 that had a 250hp rated 3.8l v6 turbo