HybridZ

L28ET build suggestions

280Dan

LS1 coils are logic level driven, they have the ignitor built in, the signal wire carries next to no current.

I'll be running directly driven LS1 truck coils with the DIY wheel at some point in the near(ish) future, I'll report back with how it works.

You know, after my last post I decided to go back and do some homework and voila! Very right you are sir. It was just too late in the evening and I didn't want to go back and make another post at the moment. You're definitely correct though, you could easily run 6 spark outs to COP as long as the coils have ignites built in, and have zero worry about overheating your MS.

So, unless you don't want to buy 6 coils, go COP with MS!

heheh tony your figers are out of control your best l28 na is over 400hp and when its in oz it makes 290hp engine and 240 at the wheels the NA engine in the pic is a 13.5 comp race motor and makes 330hp eng and smashes the rebelo race engine that is over 400hp in the US

the turbo engine will mach any you have in the US post-26847-056153700 1327224399_thumb.jpg

Can you add some punctuation next time to make that a little easier to read? Thanks! :-)

Now, what is it about OZ that makes engines dyno low? Are you at 10,000 feet elevation? Or is it from insane temperatures? Because I'm pretty sure both of those aspects we have to deal with here in the states. We have people making crazy HP in Arizona, and up in the mountains as well. Or are you using dynos that just read low? Because some of the high HP L motors here in the states are on heart-breaking dynos too...

Also, I've never heard of Robello advertising their motors as 400hp. I don't doubt they can do it, but the garden variety $10k motor stroker that comes out of there is usually guaranteed to 300hp, not 400...

And tony wasn't referencing a NA motor.... I don't see where you got that impression...

I'm kind of disappointed that this newcomer refuses to answer technical questions and seems content to Pass judgement on other people's work. And indeed the 400hp claim was N/A from Rebello, check their website. the Red #7770 car... Well that's covered in the other thread and no reply to the top speed/drag coefficient/frontal area calculation requested to resolve the issue once and for all...

I asked which engine he claimed to make 600hp on, the plenum engine, or the ITB one...

I understand he has a business and he's beating the bushes to scare up business and raise some potential customers. But I'm really saddened he poo-poohs technical questions which would cast his aspersions in an unfavourable light.

Physical laws exist in this world, and while he obsessed on micro examples, he refuses to see the overall macro example which directly and irrefutably overturns his contentions.

As to the turbo power claims, that was on a Mustang calibrated to, and traceable to Appropriate SAE Specs as the facility is used for emissions certification tests by OEMs. It was arrived at comfortably and without custom plenum with the full knowledge the stock OEM manifold is killing 30cfm per port. But that's at 25"... Another technical specific left out... I shan't digress further.

The posts thusfar have proven interesting. I'm just seriously disappointed that all we ate going to get to counter questions is a lockstep salesmanship line. Very disappointing indeed!

Edited by Tony D

hi tony i did say the turbo made ,600 with the plenem and the ITB race motor made 193kw atw im not trying to be rude ,the rebelo race engine we had was in my shop to test as the man that paid for it was not happy as it did not go as it should, he paid for a race motor and it did not go like one and it made 290hp on the engine dyno and he was promest it would make 365 hp at the engine , and they said that was the least it would make , i tested it and i cheched all the parts and worked out that it as making the right hp for the parts in it .

hi tony i did say the turbo made ,600 with the plenem and the ITB race motor made 193kw atw im not trying to be rude ,the rebelo race engine we had was in my shop to test as the man that paid for it was not happy as it did not go as it should, he paid for a race motor and it did not go like one and it made 290hp on the engine dyno and he was promest it would make 365 hp at the engine , and they said that was the least it would make , i tested it and i cheched all the parts and worked out that it as making the right hp for the parts in it .

Is 260DET the "man that paid for" a Rebello race motor. 260DET quote from the "twin-cam-l6-34l" thread - "Power output claims are one of the big ones and one which I have good $ reason to be annoyed, at least, about." He seems to know what this is about.

Seems like a lot of smearing going on, of both Rebello and US engine building, from looking at one Rebello engine, and a weird way to introduce your engine-building skills.

Well no i have not met 260DET but its not the first time this has happend over hear . I never ment the way its come across ,and im sorry to all the people thet have not liked that , i just dont like it when we get the motors from the US and they dont do what your shops clame .And thats what we have seen for a long time , the US has some of the best engine men iv ever seen i was there for bit in the 90s and was very inprest . So please dont get me wrong your engine men do know there stuff ,its the hp clames i dont like ,the best L30 in oz would make 330hp engine and its a realy fast car

Well no i have not met 260DET but its not the first time this has happend over hear . I never ment the way its come across ,and im sorry to all the people thet have not liked that , i just dont like it when we get the motors from the US and they dont do what your shops clame .And thats what we have seen for a long time , the US has some of the best engine men iv ever seen i was there for bit in the 90s and was very inprest . So please dont get me wrong your engine men do know there stuff ,its the hp clames i dont like ,the best L30 in oz would make 330hp engine and its a realy fast car

Is english your first language?

Why are the mods not catching this? I can't even read this jargon.

Please do keep posting, for as much as you're stirring the pot I think it's good to do so every so often. Gets us all off our feet and DOING something, not just bench racing. Some of our very discussions on here have lead to some of the most interesting resources on the net (in my humble opinion). For example, we've really set a stake in the ground around here regarding engine weight. While most forums just let whatever fly, we take pride in putting out FACTS. Guys get high quality scales and give REAL WORLD weight figures, not some "X motor weighs X much" without details. Usually pictures are involved as added proof to show what was included and that nobody's fudging numbers.

We've come to expect a VERY high standard around here. And if your engines really do live up to this hype, then you'll be in good company. Unfortunately our level of expectancy also comes into play regarding grammar. It's not that we're all high and mighty, we just want people to be understood around here. We have many people on these forums who speak english as a second, or even third language that have better grammar and typing skills than most high school students here in the USA. And they get their thoughts known and considered much more than the average high school student for all that hard work.

Just a period and a comma here and there to make sense of what you're trying to say can make all the difference. You build amazing engines, where every detail matters. What if you thought it was just "whatever" when it came to making sure you had a perfectly clean engine before assembly? Just a little bit of that effort is usually what the moderators are looking for around here. I'll admit I've been having a hard time understanding some of your points, and hopefully that will change. But don't give up just because we're a bit harsh around here. We all have a bit of thick skin, and you're doing your best to test ours so I ask that you bear with us as we bear with you. biggrin.gif

Thanks mate

The problem i have with gramer is that i have been in the shed for 25 years with no contact with people or the computer . I have been doing my thing for so long , people just let me do my job and i do it very well ,but im not so good with people and chating but i am trying , i will try to inprove, please try and put up with me and i will post lots of cool zed engine parts up . Im not a hic im just a bit diffrent .

Edited by PMC raceengines