HybridZ

My 260Z looks like a Jeep

Hi,

we installed the FG flares, but it looks strange to me.

The car is much to high and the wheels in the rear are not in correct position.

The car has some blue loweing springs and stock shocks.

This is how it looks:

c20qu4kpzqr1jrgy4.jpg

c21ruuvy7wtpecfvd.jpg

c21rum3p1gjizjbrt.jpg

What can i do to het the rear wheels in position?

Is a Ground Control Kit enought to get the car so much lower?

What can i do? We can also get the flares 1/2 inch lower but there are stimm 2 inches missing then.

Thanks

Eddie

Edited by Spoony

Can't really move the wheels fore and aft. The front looks a little high, but it depends as much on the size of the tires as it does on the fenders. Is the lip on the fender at the same height as the original? If you move them down I don't think the edges would line up right with the contour of the car without stretching the fenders to width.

Any coilover kit will allow you to adjust the ride height. You could always swap in a heavier engine ;) Still, if you lower the car, the wheels aren't going to get any closer to the sides... It might look funny having them almost rubbing the top but then a three inch gap front and back. Ideally, the tire should follow the curve of the fender like it is now, if you want to close the gap, get a tire with a little more sidewall. If you want them to match the rears, get a larger rim instead. Would be kinda strange to have a larger front rim though.

Thanks for your comments ;)

I allready have 17" wheels and big tyres. I guess i have to buy a ground control kit and lower the flares a bit.

Would prefer this look:

egarage-datsun-240z-hre-5.jpg?w=490&h=328

Are there any other options to get the car lower than a ground control kit?

Ive seen complete high adjustable suspentions for 1000$ in the US Ebay, do they go any lower??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250826976379?_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&item=250826976379&cmd=ViewItem&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&vxp=mtr

My stock shocks are new, so which way should i go?

Regards from Helga and Bratwurst :D

I have same rims and I did GC coilovers and man it's a big difference. My car use to look stupid. But with coilovers I get a good drop and great handling. I would just save up for a kit with illumina sectioned struts. The alternative would be get Ground Control ($400) and just drop you car without sectioning and/or new shocks.

Youre right. I lowered the front fenders a little bit by myself and now it looks better. Now i have the holes from fixing it in my wings and have to respray them...damn.

It was my fault, i told my body expert to match the original profile from the wings.

I will go with a ground control kit because my shocks are new.

How much will the RB25 engine/gearbox lower my front? I guess it will be half of an inch because its heavier??

Edited by Spoony

Vielen Dank ;)

That looks fantastic! Wich one should i buy for a RB25 setup and mostly street driven?

And how is this kit fixed on the shock? Normally you welt a plate at thze end, this kit seems to be installed without it??

Hey Spoony-

Willkommen! If you decide to try coilovers, Cosmo Racing seems to provide a good product at fairly cheap prices.

Having used those I can say the spring rates are very high and the ride was pretty harsh. I pretty much halved the spring rates when I redid the suspension on mine.