HybridZ

Been Followed

Miles

transference [trans-fer´ens]an emotional reaction that is generally a reflection of one's own inner needs and conflicts but also may be a reaction to another's behavior.

So what would cause you to photograph someone else? What would they have to do? Realizing this, what did you just do---could it be you precipitated the "incident"? That realization as to why they are snapping your pic would be a "guilty conscience"...

It seems like much ado about nothing. But then again, that would be MY conscience and transference talking.

I was routinely videotaped EVERY MORNING by guys trying to make tapes to turn into the CHP trying to get me busted for driving solo in the carpool lane. Well intentioned, and just enraged that people were flouting the law in their eyes. I had self-righteous bikers on crotch rockets sake teir fingers at my egregious transgression.

Of course none of these idiots saw my "HOV Lane OK" sticker placed according to DMV Regs. I had a CNG vehicle. But I understood why they did it. But I wasn't guilty, and it never crossed my mind to stalk someone that way. I don't think that way, and haven't done it. So I don't understand where that thought process comes from. But if it upsets you so much, then it seems you may have done this in the past and this is why it upsets you so much.

Frankly, I don't see the big deal.

It's like my old distributor principal commenting one of the mechanics staged his tools being stolen from his truck just to get more money out of the company.I never understood what kind of diseased mind would even conceive of that racket, much less think of doing it.

Until we had a breaking at the shop. And that greedy pumpkin-headed greasy beyotch had us list the serial numbers on all of our equipment inn our trucks--which she submitted as all stolen during the break-in! Just to maximize the insurance payout. And to top it off, they never paid the guy who's tools were the majority if stuff taken in the shop! All for them. They were a " ME ME ME " pair of people.

Tony

It is really not that complicated. A nut decided to follow me to a place of business, observe me, and then follow me over a period of thirty minutes. It was just my turn to encounter a nut case on the road.

Anyway, thanks Psych 101.

Maybe I missed that in the OP.

Or maybe he had a reason to follow you.

I don't know.

From what I saw in the OP it seemed strange that you were getting so worked up / worried about it. Doesn't change anything I posted as an explanation though, it all still applies.

I'm reminded of the lyrics in a "Doors" song right now....

Could it be Z-nis Envy?

Z-nis envy in Freudian psychoanalysis refers to the theorized reaction of a normal motorist during their driving development to the realization that they do not have a Z.

Freud considered this realization a defining moment in the development of driving and driving skills for men. According to Freud, the parallel reaction in Z-Owners to the realization that everyone does not have a Z is car-stration anxiety. In contemporary culture, the term sometimes refers inexactly or metaphorically to regular motorists who are presumed to wish they drove or owned a Z.[1]

The psychoanalytical concept of Z-nis envy is unrelated to the "small penis syndrome" which is the anxiety of Corvette owners.[2]

Why do I see this becoming a signature on somebody's posts forever more... Remember boys and girls, this was originally brought to you by Tony D on June 21st, 2012!tongue.gif