HybridZ

Metal pinstripes, how to remove

key

I am looking at a 260 that has those chrome pinstripes on it. Are those just on with adhesive or are there mounting tabs on them? Trying to figure out if there will be mounting holes I need to fill when I remove them.

Thanks,

Zach

Are you talking about side molding ? Any pics, ?

I am looking at a 260 that has those chrome pinstripes on it. Are those just on with adhesive or are there mounting tabs on them? Trying to figure out if there will be mounting holes I need to fill when I remove them.

Thanks,

Zach

Thanks,

Zach

On my '70 they were mounted by pins on each end and adhesive for the rest. Dealer installed, I think.

both my 280zx's had them. They were mounted using rivets. To remove I just drilled them out and filled in the hole with a welder and ground that down and smoothed with bondo. Took me about half a day to do everything since I had to bring it to my friends place to weld the holes.