HybridZ

The tach by which all others shall be measured

I just finished my gauge cluster for my AE86 corolla. Speedhut was having an awesome sale, so I got the revolution 3 3/8 tach for 129$. quality is decent, and it somewhat matches my VDO's.

56E7B596-95D6-41E7-9B13-C124EB5004C2-410

I was thinking of buying that VDO set on Ebay, With the sensors, how is the quality on that set?

I just finished my gauge cluster for my AE86 corolla. Speedhut was having an awesome sale, so I got the revolution 3 3/8 tach for 129$. quality is decent, and it somewhat matches my VDO's.

56E7B596-95D6-41E7-9B13-C124EB5004C2-410

I don't know man, those are nice and all but none of them have an exclamation mark ;)

Mine has been tested to be accurate within 50-75 rpm. Also, they make them from 4-16,000rpm. And you can customize it anyway you want to match existing gauges or to change the look. I loved my defi stuff when i had it in my last car. Just gets expensive when you try to get all of the gauges.

Finally got it installed. Had to remove the tach from behind the dash due to the dash cap. There is a "B" word that describes this and re-installing from the back. Not real interested in going down this road again but it's in, works and looks good.

Nice, I think the simple gauge face will look good in the dash. I feel your pain with any under dash work. 

Here's mine, It's a 432 copy. It's modern internals to cope with MSD6AL-2 ignition and a new 10K dial printed onto original face plate, all installed in the stock housing.

post-12875-0-90300400-1365410071_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gareth. J.

Nice, I think the simple gauge face will look good in the dash. I feel your pain with any under dash work. 

Here's mine, It's a 432 copy. It's modern internals to cope with MSD6AL-2 ignition and a new 10K dial printed onto original face plate, all installed in the stock housing.

I REALLY like that gauge! Where you get that?