HybridZ

Sparco R100's in a 240Z

trackzpeed

Looks good, and you can fit with a helmet?

So you did not cut out the stock seat mounts? More pics would be great!

I left the stock seat mounts in... I have to try for a very slight rub with a helmet on, but plenty of clearance without.  I've tried A6's (terrible fit) and TRS (fair fit) in past Z's but these are the best combo of fit for driver and fit in the car I have ever had.  If you are a 6 footer or less they are a dream, at 6'-1" I'm really stoked! 

• 4 weeks later...

Any idea how well they would / would not fit with a roll cage / a bar running between the door frame and the seat?

Also, where'd you get the matching 4-pt harness?  Care to share total out the door cost of that setup?  Feel free to PM if you'd like.  :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI -- These work beautifully also with a cage (see pic).  I got them mounted on stock rails for forward and backward movement, the recline works just dandy, the height is perfect for windshield visibility and helmet clearance, and it fits around my roll cage.  I couldn't be happier!

Sparco R100s

Just an FYI -- These work beautifully also with a cage (see pic).  I got them mounted on stock rails for forward and backward movement, the recline works just dandy, the height is perfect for windshield visibility and helmet clearance, and it fits around my roll cage.  I couldn't be happier!

How tall are you and what's your inseam, out of curiosity? I'm 6'2" (34 inseam) and need lower seats than stock.

5'11, 33.  My co-driver is 6'1, 32.  I'd venture a guess that even he has an extra inch of headroom, and not a small variety of helmet either.  I can try to take some pics of the space if it helps, or straight measure the bottom of the seat to the roof.

The R100's have a dip in the seat, they actually sit lower than the stockers, even on stock rails, depending on how you choose to sit in them.  Stock rails were a nice-to-have basically sheerly for passenger ride-alongs or occasionally having alternate co-drivers.  We could've gotten them at least an inch, if not 2 inches lower just by welding some basic stock steel onto the factory mounts and deleting the rails entirely.

5'11, 33.  My co-driver is 6'1, 32.  I'd venture a guess that even he has an extra inch of headroom, and not a small variety of helmet either.  I can try to take some pics of the space if it helps, or straight measure the bottom of the seat to the roof.

The R100's have a dip in the seat, they actually sit lower than the stockers, even on stock rails, depending on how you choose to sit in them.  Stock rails were a nice-to-have basically sheerly for passenger ride-alongs or occasionally having alternate co-drivers.  We could've gotten them at least an inch, if not 2 inches lower just by welding some basic stock steel onto the factory mounts and deleting the rails entirely.

A measurement from seat bottom to roof would be great, but that's just the info I was looking for! I just want to be able to fit in my Z with a helmet on without having to cut out the stock seat mounts. Wish you were closer so I could try 'em out...

If you ever find yourself in or near Atlanta, feel free to let me know!  I'll be happy to take you by the shop and let you check her out.  Heck, pick the right weekend and you can go for a ride-along or two at a local event.   :-)

In the meantime, it looks like you've got 35-36 inches, give or take, from the bottom-most point of the seat to the roof:

post-9515-0-74581000-1374291235_thumb.jpg

Edited by BrandenZ

If you ever find yourself in or near Atlanta, feel free to let me know!  I'll be happy to take you by the shop and let you check her out.  Heck, pick the right weekend and you can go for a ride-along or two at a local event.   :-)

In the meantime, it looks like you've got 35-36 inches, give or take, from the bottom-most point of the seat to the roof:

attachicon.gifphoto (48).JPG

I appreciate it! :)

No problem and good luck!  I took them out at an event last weekend and the seats + 4 point harness are incredible.  Next to r-comps, it should've been the 2nd mod I did to the car.  It makes a tremendous difference in comfort and stability to control the car at the limit, and really focus on looking ahead, not slamming your elbow into the cage or the console, or feeling like you're about to be ejected during slaloms!  I sincerely hope they work out for you, I love 'em!

Edited by BrandenZ

The OP may be able to answer that, but I can't.  My roll bar touches the door panel when the door is closed.  :-)

I would suspect with the bar out of the equation, that they would not touch.  Also depending on how you choose to mount them, even using stock rails, you have a bit of say so in how you drill.  You can choose to offset them (very slightly) either towards the doors or towards the center console.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Bumping this thread up, I just bought a pair of R100 mostly because of this thread and the awesome price of these seats. They're comfy and they look great.

Now onto the 'issues'

I drilled new holes into the stock sliders and mounted them to the seats and back into stock location. Here are two photos:

Rlaf8HQ.jpg

gRG4iQc.jpg

As you can see, there's ample space to move the seat further towards the center console. The upper bolsters of the seat basically make reclining (and sliding, to a degree) impossible. I can either shove the seat behind the B pillar, or in front of it. Either seating position is mostly comfortable, but it defeats the purpose of the stock sliders and recline-ability of the seats. 

Those of you who have installed them in a similar manner, can you show how close the upper bolster is to your B pillar? Do you have the seat in front of the pillar or reclined behind it? 

To the OP, you said you also drilled the stock mounting holes, did you move them towards the inside of the car?

Thanks guys. 

It's honestly been so long since I did the work, I can't recall exactly where I drilled.  I do remember that there was room to offset very slightly to the left or right, and also to the front and back.

Mine basically sits against the roll bar (which is against the B pillar) with it locked fully towards the rear:

Seat location

Seat location

I'm able to slide it a bit forward and recline it more than enough for my purposes.  There is a bit of compromise on the recline, where if I wanted to recline it much more, I'd have to slide it further forward.  However, in my case I believe that's because of the roll bar.  If you look at the pictures, the ears of the seat are competing for space there... but if you take the bar out of the equation I'm fairly confident that they'd clear the B pillar entirely.

I suspect that you could drill the sliders out in a more rightward offset (for the driver's side) to gain the clearance you need.  Worst case, you could always delete the stock rails completely and build custom mounts to locate the driver's seat exactly where you want it.

Thanks for the input. I also found that the bottom of the inner side bolster (my first photo) basically rests snug against the trans tunnel. If I wanna move the seat further inside, I'd also have to raise it further than the sliders do.

I thought they would fit with more room to spare honestly, but they're pretty tight at least for my liking. The head bolsters are somewhat small compared to other similar seats, but they still protrude much much further than the stock seats end.