HybridZ

Testing in the 280 (video)

Dang that thing is rediculous!  Just curious whats your speedo max out at?  Haha  it got pretty close to the limit on the spray!  I wouldn't be able to keep from smiling after a pull like that

Nice work, the car looks, sounds, and runs great from what I can tell

Holy smokes that thing is fast!  Got any trees out there (?), looks like one big drag strip as far as the eye can see.  Really impressed by how straight  the car runs-great machine.

Lol not really on the trees.... this is Iowa! All corn fields.  That road is kinda sketchy for 140 mph pulls. 

Dang that thing is rediculous!  Just curious whats your speedo max out at?  Haha  it got pretty close to the limit on the spray!  I wouldn't be able to keep from smiling after a pull like that

Nice work, the car looks, sounds, and runs great from what I can tell

Speedo maxes out at 160. That was basically a 40-140 on the spray

Sweet. The feeling of nos when you roll into the gas is awesome.

Great cat. Good job on the build.

Thanks

Edited by SUNNY Z

....Josey: look left ....no cops...look right... no sherrif....tighten up testies....NOS!!!

The car "looks" fairly stable at high speeds. On camera anyway. Like no wobbel of the steering ect...cool video!! Cars wicked!

....Josey: look left ....no cops...look right... no sherrif....tighten up testies....NOS!!!

The car "looks" fairly stable at high speeds. On camera anyway. Like no wobbel of the steering ect...cool video!! Cars wicked!

The car is great, its just the road thats sketchy.

do you have a front splitter or pan ?

I have a Eurethane air dam, thats it.

Also would like to know if you have a front air dam and or splitter.  If yes, then does the front end get light and squirrely at 140MPH?  Does the front end stay planted at 140MPH?  How is the 8.8 diff holding up?

Everything feels very stable at speed. No float or uncertainty. Car is pretty low though. Floor boards are 6" from the ground - for reference.

8.8 has been great so far. I need to modify my front mount though. It keeps coming loose because the nose of the diff is so far behind the mounting points that its acting like a lever every time i launch, and keeps coming loose.

Just a thought, have you looked into a rear spoiler to give more rear downforce to match the aero in the front? (Fairlady 432 or MSA Victory styling)

I would imagine it will give more traction at high speeds and reduce most of the unstable swaying. However it may only be needed for race applications or prolonged high speeds

Just a thought, have you looked into a rear spoiler to give more rear downforce to match the aero in the front? (Fairlady 432 or MSA Victory styling)

I would imagine it will give more traction at high speeds and reduce most of the unstable swaying. However it may only be needed for race applications or prolonged high speeds

Oh I've thought about it. Its just further down the list from :

1. Cage

2. Seats / Harnesses

3. Sound deadening / insulation

I don't think either of us have any aero problems at the relatively low speeds we are traveling (although I've never seen 140). My only issue is that if I get out of the groove with my bias ply slicks at 15psi, I just gotta get off of it-there ain't no straightening up. The car just starts swaying too much for my comfort. I've only had to lift off once in the last 5 or 6 times at the track. It was the pillows-I mean slicks-that caused it, not aero problems.

I can vouch for RebekahsZ's car on slicks. First car I ever raced on slicks, had to let out in the middle of third gear, it started to feel like a hammock. Almost needed to change my boxers lol.

Car looks great Josey. My plan for the 8.8 front mount is to: Run some dome tubing from the frame area where the mustache bar mounts to down to where the RT diff mount bolts to, then mount the 8.8 off of those tubes. Making a little cradle for it and preventing having a long lever determined to rip the thin Japanese sheet metal out. That's my rough plan anyways, haven't got down to the specifics yet.

-Will

Signed in this morning and saw your video and gathered my inspiration to finish mine tonight. Shes back on the road.

Good!

I love the look of your dash lighting.  Doesn't look like your wipers would be worth a damn at 140 though. Ha.  Nice job on the whole car.

Lol, no, they wouldn't.

I can vouch for RebekahsZ's car on slicks. First car I ever raced on slicks, had to let out in the middle of third gear, it started to feel like a hammock. Almost needed to change my boxers lol.

Car looks great Josey. My plan for the 8.8 front mount is to: Run some dome tubing from the frame area where the mustache bar mounts to down to where the RT diff mount bolts to, then mount the 8.8 off of those tubes. Making a little cradle for it and preventing having a long lever determined to rip the thin Japanese sheet metal out. That's my rough plan anyways, haven't got down to the specifics yet.

-Will

Yeah, I think if it was one whole unit that it would definitely be better. Just need one of my buddies to buy a tubing bender now! You've given me ideas!

Went and put the diff up in the car. Plan is to run 1.25ODx.120 DOM(What I have laying around)  with ~30-35 degree bend in it from the mustache bar mounting point to the spot the RT diff mount bolts too. Pretty much going to contour the floor of the car to clear the CV joints. Then crossover between the two tubes over and under the diff. Hopefully that will prevent the problem you are having.

My brother has a JD2 bender that is pretty nice. Have the same bender up at school too, except theirs is a hydraulic ram powered by air...really makes bending easy.

-Will

Just re-scanned through your swap thread, running the tubes from the bottom of the rear cradle to the front isn't a bad idea either(Someone posted the example in your thread). Other than having to unbolt them to remove the diff, would be easier and you could probably do it without putting a bend in it. Might take up some of the exhaust space though.

-Will