HybridZ

2/70 240Z found in field

I just had the two business cards in my hand today, and put them away so I wouldn't lose them...and be damned where they are now...as I can't find them! Both the guy who spoke Dutch, and the German dude there in the Long Beach Office. ARGH!

I am offering the asked price of 1K USD for this 1970 240Z

A plan has come together.

Due to the difficulties registering my 73' slightly modified Z and the ease of registering this 70 model, this is what will happen.

I am selling my 73 to my old man who has been green with envy for some time, he wants it all original.

With a combination of the parts on the car already and some from this one it will be all original again and quickly back on the road under the historical vehicle paragraph it is registered by at the moment.

I will keep this one, and it will be given the neccesary bodywork, ZG flares with the apropriate front wing, the stroker with triples, rb gearbox, r200 and the full, custome, leather interior intended for the 73. Back on the road by easter if i am lucky

To do all this, we are actually building another garage to function as workshop! and we already just build one this summer!

I am very enthusiastic about this.

So, pretty please, let me have it :) and help me get it here ;) i will pay for any expences.

Shipping came in at 1395$ from California.

3 minor issiues remaining:

-Title and bill of sale

-Getting it to drive on and off a boat

-getting it to the boat

The current transfer rate on the dollar makes this "cheap"

I have a long haul ahead of me to get this car titled.  It's a simple process but will require time as time is at a premium for me now.  First step will be to go back to the previous owner and get a notarized bill of sale.  Then I have to get it in good enough running condition to pass a Washington state mechanical safety inspection.  That is where the real time comes in. I'll need to pull the tank and either replace it or clean it up and seal the inside and then flush the entire system.  After that it will require a new battery.  Hopefully that covers the major mechanical.  Then I have to pull all the stuff out of the inside of the car and clean it up so i wont get the "creeps" when I get in it.  With my schedule I expect that will take months.  

Arnulf, I hope you're patient.  I'll keep track of what I invest in the car and then we can discuss sending it your way.

Bill

Interestingly I'm aware of another '70 240Z - #5796 - that has been sitting in a storage lot for at least 15 years. This one is brown on brown, in much better shape, and also has AC.  The owner won't allow the storage lot manager to give out his name as he refuses to sell the car.  I hate it when someone does that. 

Dude - if I find a clean 2-door 510 in this neck of the woods it will be going into my stable!  Always wanted to build a dime and terrorize the local Honda drivers.

Seriously, though, I've started asking around to see what I can find.  This area is really dry and mostly Detroit iron owners. If there are any old Z's or dimes around I'll let folks know about them.  I know you east and gulf coast folks let all yours rust out about 20 years ago so I'll see if I can help out. :-)