HybridZ

Another Canadian 280z winter turbo Build

Started converting my car to turbo this winter already (salted the roads early). I'll also be doing the 240sx gut swap onto the 4 speed bell housing if anyone is interested in seeing that in this thread. I'll be posting videos periodically on youtube and I'll give the link here. This is mainly for more "intelligent" comments and discussions and to share with fellow Z'ers.

A little background...

This is an F54 block with a P79 head with the exhaust liners removed (It's way too hard to find a P90 around here)
aluminum flywheel
ACT 420 ft/lb 6 puck clutch

already running on megasquirt (when it was NA)

500cc injectors

3" throttle body

aluminum rad

Let me know what you guys think...

out of sheer post traumatic stress, I don't know if I can tell you. haha A screwdriver, chisel, hefty hammer and about 6 hours. If you set the chisel right where the 2 halves meet and point into the center of the runner and wack and repeat until you have one side done, you can fold it over on itself and pry it out. The first one will take you the longest and after that you kind of figure out an easy way. if I nicked the runner, I ground it smooth with a porting tool. The head has to be off the block or else I don't know how you would do it.
I would NEVER do this again, it was a PIA and I would just rather break the bank for a P90. You can quote me on that. 

Little more progress. Did the 3" downpipe and welded the Vband flange on. Still deciding on dumping the wastegate or not. I would certainly benefit because of my 2.5" exhaust, but at the same time don't really want a stupidly loud car, even though it's only when under throttle.

anyways, here's the video:

• 3 weeks later...

I think your turbo is very close to brake line splitter. My turbo Is further , so was my brothers and we both had/have a bit of leaks. Brake oil is very thin and when that heats up it gets even lighter. Just look out for that. Keep up the progress bra.