HybridZ

Fuel Injected Racing

Nismo280zEd

I think the claim was the analog efi set-up. I am sure I could take the JWT set-up on my ZX off, get a chip burned and throw it on an NA engine and make 230 hp.

I also find it puzzling that someone would throw a bone out there like that, and then not say anything else.

I have friends who have run mid to low 14's na with the factory fuel injection, but 230 hp would put you way down there.

Now that's not very nice Craig.

Let me be clear. I would love to hear how Nissmo280zEd did it if it is true, as would all of us. But going along with John's comments, I think to make that kinda power work, they were very inventive, i.e. using another model Bosch setup, or a hybrid setup of some form. Again, this assumes it is a vaild claim.

I am NOT saying it can't be done, but rather it is very hard to acheive. I personally would love to hear how it can be done.

-All ears,

Bob

i agree. i would love to find out how to make 230rwhp NA with the stock efi. i hope its possible, but if it is its got to be hard, i know of guys in the 200ish power range with 3.1 strokers, one with 50mm sus, and the other is really built with six throttles-230-50?ish or so at the wheels. the difference ive seen is that the su car diesels out you have to stall it to not diesel out, but still pretty fast and the six throttle is just plain out smooth driver,i think its sds or something and kicks butt, efi probably could deal with the 10.5-11-1cr metering a lot better than the SU's. I still think for the money youll see 230hp with a turbo setup with bolts ons and a healthy motor weigh more easily NA.

Well i'm surprised to see the number of hits this question recieved. Yes i have done many things to my car. Not much is stock anymore.. but the ecu is. I have done alot of things people have told me would not work, and would degrade my performance. But who ever likes to be told you can't do it? Yes i run a large cam (it's the big power maker) it's a nissan racing cam from japan. injectors are rebuilt for more flow, fuel pressure is controlled by a Holley performance pump and 2 pressure regulators. timing has been upgraded as well. exhaust is headers and free flow muffler. Intake is mostly custom. bigger AFM Bigger throttle body, CAI, porting has been done.. many things. I was never bragn' about my power... truthfully i'm planing on getn' ride of it. there is a balance between reliability and performance.. i definatly messed up the balance. Just my opinion. It's noisy, usually doesn't smell to great. it's a bitch in the rain. Not to mention it pretty much doesn't idle. Have fun guys... it's all personal opinion.

ED

Fuel injection usually will have a better torque power band, better MPG potential, better all around except expense!

For old schoolers used to carb land, it can be a difficult swap, not only the pricing but again, what do you do with it if you have no experience.

Myself I prefer to stick to EFI now that I know how to play with it, the cost does suck a little if you dont start out with it OR plan on using a donor engine with the computer, wiring, etc all there in front of you.

I still need to know how to edit the Nissan PCMs though without resorting to some half assed mail order solution smile.gif