HybridZ

Fairlady Z [1970-78], how many RHD estimated in the USA?

I don't know but thought someone else here may have an estimate as to how many [RHD - Right Hand Drive] Fairlady Z's there are in the states.  Guess I'd lump together the 70-78, coupe & 2+2 models.

I know of 6.

EvilZ [75], friend in Lutz, FL [70], guy in CA has 3 [seen him on FB] and a 72 which just sold in Washington state.

Edited by 1 tuff z

Glenn aka spit17 here has one. It's a 71 or 72. I think TonyD has at least one, and the L31DETT guy has one.

Checking in - I know of at least 5-6 in California alone, probably more. 

My best guess after reviewing zhome and speaking with owners throughout my ownership... most likely 30 or so. More if we're talking all year Fairlady's, not just early cars. From what I've gathered, I own the only 240Z-L model (one trim level below the 240Z-G).

Edited by spitz17

I think it's on classicZcar there was a Z registry by Model.  240/260/280/S130/Z31/Z32/Z33 etc...

Here in Albuquerque I know of just one RHD.    Sorry I'd misread the RHD portion of this thread originally, and have edited this post to be on topic.

Edited by Pharaohabq

There's 12-13 Fairlady Z and two 432 in Northern California alone.

I know the owners of both 432s and there do not seem to even be rumors of any others in the states. They are considered a prize possession in Japan and transferring ownership outside of Japan is frowned upon. Each of the 432 owners also has a Fairlady Z. Sometime they have more than one Fairlady Z or Roadsters. Both buy sell and trade when money is to be made or a nicer one is purchased the lesser one may get sold. They each own other rare Datsuns as well. One of the guys is a dealer of rare and exotic cars and is one of the first to jump on the ultra  rare Asian car market and helped move the value northward that has been seen in the last few years. So, as for numbers I have known of 6. 

I don't have one...

I have a 71 S30S

A 76 GS31S

A 77 GS31L

A 78 HS130 (Black)

A 78 HS130 (White)

A 79 GHS130 (Black)

I know of countless others. The talk of them hyped as being "one of six in the USA" is unverifiable at best, an ignorant lie masquerading as a boast...(save for the case of the 432, and yeah...I coulda bought one and brought it back in 89...the story of that Homer Moment is on here in the archives...)

After many years and ladies slipping through my fingers I can finally add myself to the list!

Just arrived via carrier transport this morning from the west coast.  Shes a bit rough but with love will be a great driver some day.  Need to get her running and start my Fairlady Z thread!

1972 Fairlady Z!

post-176-0-72174000-1402243465_thumb.jpg

post-176-0-49336800-1402243481_thumb.jpg

post-176-0-78337600-1402243485_thumb.jpg

post-176-0-37899100-1402243494_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

After many years and ladies slipping through my fingers I can finally add myself to the list!

Just arrived via carrier transport this morning from the west coast.  Shes a bit rough but with love will be a great driver some day.  Need to get her running and start my Fairlady Z thread!

1972 Fairlady Z!

Very cool! Sell me that strut tower bar.. :icon45:

1972 Fairlady Z!

Very cool, keep us up to date.

• 4 years later...

My first attempt to reach out to other Fairlady owners. I am in the process of bringing my high school car back to life. It has been in a garage for close to 20yrs. I bought it off of my uncle who used it as a daily driver. It does not have the original engine in it and is not the original color but it sure was a lot of fun to drive. I am looking forward to sharing it with my kids! I have loved this car for many years but probably don't deserve it. I don't know enough about it to have an educated conversation with Z enthusiasts but I am wanting to learn. It is a 1973 Fairlady, currently it has a 280 engine in it. I had the engine rebuilt and the rust repaired in the typical areas of the floor panels and the fenders. I am having the paint redone and there are a few door dings from being in the garage for 20yrs. I hope to get it up and running and back on the road. Any comments, advice or contacts for help would be greatly appreciated. I admire and respect your passion for these cars!  I am located in Washington state. 

Z CAR.JPG

• 4 months later...

Kerrigan and Rotz are a bit much on that forum. They're like the two old men on the Muppet Show that sat in the box seats...

They got a real hard on with the realities of how many of these servicemembers shipped in the 80's alone. From one base!