HybridZ
Tank

VQ35DE 73 240 Build

Posted (edited)

Road videos will have to wait, battling the coolant system...can’t seem to get this thing completely bled. 

And, the rear end is making some noises that are concerning. One of which I think I know the issue. The right stub axle stud heads rub the diff housing on decel. It’s almost like the diff stub axle isn’t completely popped in place (obx helical lsd).

Plus, the 3.9 is a little too much with cd009 transmission. I have a 3.5 I may build and swap. Just need to drive it more to make a decision. I’ve only put 60 miles on it!

Edited by Tank

Posted (edited)

Thanks. Cross fingers, I think I have the coolant system bled now. That's what I thought previously as well until I really got on it (triple digit speed) and pushed an air pocket through. Now on to the rear.

Edited by Tank

Ended up rebuilding the 3.5 rear I had which took 3 weeks and lots of headaches getting the right parts. All new bearings, Mfactory lsd, ended up at .006 backlash with no additional shims required. Should have it back in tomorrow and back on the road Saturday.

Been a bit since I updated but I've put about 400 miles on it. Such a blast to drive, it's ridiculous how well it handles and goes. No drama, just does what you ask of it.

For the cooling, I had to change to a recirculating overflow tank. So now it can push/pull fluid with heat cycles.

ytSwnMdzTUiHERsZ50oB0w.jpg

Photo Jul 18, 7 51 49 AM.jpg