HybridZ

Any new developments with radiators?

inline6

I am looking to see if there have been any new developments/options regarding radiators for our z cars.  I found the following:

KoyoRad makes radiators for the Z

These are all aluminum, and available for around $300 or so.

Then there is the Stealth Conversions option. They discourage using all aluminum radiators outside of race car applications.

What are you folks who are running greater than 300 hp using or wanting to use when you get around to your next upgrade?

Yes, that's the place. I think I have the drawings/specs in a box in storage. I know it cost me about $1,200.

Well, that's going to be too much I think.  I have a tally on the new engine and new safety equipment that is already around $15k, and I'm sure there are some less expensive options in this case that will work.  Thanks for the info though.

I am looking to see if there have been any new developments/options regarding radiators for our z cars.  I found the following:

KoyoRad makes radiators for the Z

These are all aluminum, and available for around $300 or so.

Then there is the Stealth Conversions option. They discourage using all aluminum radiators outside of race car applications.

What are you folks who are running greater than 300 hp using or wanting to use when you get around to your next upgrade

Aluminum rad here too.

The weld cracking issue that they mention is likely due to trying to bolt the rad to the rad support.  They don't generally like being subjected to stresses from the body twisting.  The workaround isn't that hard - either fab a cradle to hold it or use rubber islolators.

I use a Griffen double pass. It was from some Ford app that had the right width. I used aluminum tubing and silicone connectors from Silicon Intake Systems to custom plumb it.

If you can dig up or recall any further which Ford, let me know.  I will certainly will look into that.

Edited by inline6

Here's a Griffin (made in S. Carolina) I just got from Summit ( part #1-55201-xs ). It's a 2 row with 1-1/4" tubes, and measures 15-1/2" X 24", just about perfect for an S30!

A 14" Spal (puller) electric fan fits the rad just right. PM me if you go the Spal route, I found a really good source!

I'm replacing my JTR (Stealth Conversions) rad, it's barely adequate for my stock LS2.

Steve

post-3992-0-77155400-1445384045_thumb.jpg

Beautiful radiator Zzeal.  Thanks for posting.

Here's a Griffin (made in S. Carolina) I just got from Summit ( part #1-55201-xs ). It's a 2 row with 1-1/4" tubes, and measures 15-1/2" X 24", just about perfect for an S30!

A 14" Spal (puller) electric fan fits the rad just right. PM me if you go the Spal route, I found a really good source!

I'm replacing my JTR (Stealth Conversions) rad, it's barely adequate for my stock LS2.

Steve

• 6 months later...

Steve

Steve,

How did you mount the Griffin?  My taurus fan caught fire and destroyed my JTR radiator and mount!

Thanks

ssparko, I was about to have some "L" brackets welded to the tank sides, which would super simplify the install, but I ended up getting some aluminum

channel from McMaster-Carr and mounting the rad on it. Also used McMaster for some fairly soft rubber for the saddles and for spacing the rad from the

core support at top. BTW, the dry rad weighs 11 lbs., the Spal is 6, and the mount 2.

P1030017_zpsk48agymf.jpg

P1030069_zpsh84tocgo.jpg

P1030038_zps1ac889yx.jpg