HybridZ

280Zx Price Opinion

LOST ONE

I'm looking at this advertised 1979 Non-Op run-out as a restoration project.  I'm drawn to it because it appears to be rust free (Cen Cal), is a coupe (and not a 2+2), 5-speed (important on this car), and a hard top (already have an MR2 with a worthless T top).

00P0P_iNn4Xe9JVco_600x450.jpg

But despite the good bones, this old girl is packing 200K miles on a six-month coma, optional custom cracked dash, and crispy-fried electrics.  I know ALL major (and minor) systems will need overhaul. It will be two years and many thousand dollars before she's ready for the prom again.

My question to the community, am I alone in thinking $1500 is too much?

I have a price in mind, but what do you guys think?

Here is the complete ad link and description:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5264704671.html

Thanks in advance for the input.

Edited by LOST ONE

I'd be wary of the  "it needs an alternator". I would show up with one pop it in and jump it and if it still dies probably not buy it. I'd also try and haggle a few hundred off the price.

I bought my last one for $1500 and it had a busted fpr (which I didn't care about since I was swapping all my stuff from my old crashed car in), but looked to be in similar condition on the exterior.