HybridZ

Apex engineered

Robo

Hi all, 

Just wondering if anyone can help me with the current situation at apex engineered.

I haven’t been able to contact anyone there for about a month or so.
I don’t have a contact number, only email, messenger. I’m in Australia so I was hoping maybe some one local to them maybe able to explain if there are issues going on due to maybe covid or something.

I required some FEA test results/ data from the s30 crossmember for my engineer here in oz to sign of on its use. However as mentioned it’s gone quiet and they have usually been very helpful.

I'm hoping all is well, however would like some info so I can move forward.

thanks for any help

regards

Maybe post a comment that you're trying to get in touch with them on the company's Facebook page.  Might catch their attention and generate some activity in your direction. 

I've seen Ohm commenting here and there on the FB Datsun pages fairly frequently, so he still seems to be monitoring FB regularly.

It's odd but their Google search results show "LLC" meaning that they should be registered in a state somewhere as a limited liability corporation.  A legal entity, allowed to do business, pay employees, pay taxes, etc.  But on their Facebook page and their actual web site they don't show that at all.  Also no location or phone numbers.  So, they, or he, could disappear overnight and it would be difficult to find him/them to pursue reimbursement.  (See Senza Pari, for example).

Enthusiastic people with ideas crop up all the time then get bogged down in the actual work of running a business.  Be careful with your purchases.  Get that critical information before you send your money.

I only realized this about Apex Engineered because I just wanted to see what this "company' was about.  Kind of worrisome.  If you know what state he/they work(s) in the business should show up on the states Secretary of State LLC page.  I added the link for Washington state as an example.  Contact information will be there.  You can also check the Better Business Bureau to see if they're having problems.

Might be a great guy, great company, but maintaining a business as a "going concern" is a lot of work.

Kind of just using this company as an example, I don't know anything about them/him.  The signs are there though.  Good luck people. 

https://www.sos.wa.gov/corps/limitedliabilitycompaniesllconlineandpaperregistrations.aspx

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS862US862&sxsrf=ALeKk02hq2KeDj5c7JU6_jungnyo3ujx1Q%3A1598309256492&ei=iENEX4POHcfk-gShg7PwAQ&q=apex+engineered+llc&oq=apex+engineered+llc&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB46BAgAEEdQipUFWKeYBWDlmgVoAHACeACAAVuIAfEBkgEBM5gBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXrAAQE&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiDsuX79bTrAhVHsp4KHaHBDB4Q4dUDCAw&uact=5

https://www.apexengineered.com/contact-us.html

https://www.facebook.com/pg/apexengineered/about/?ref=page_internal

https://www.facebook.com/ohm.pandya.5

https://www.bbb.org/

Great thanks. I didn’t want to shine the spotlight on this, However I just wanted a response. If they’re  busy, all good, no problem. Just pull my head in and be patient. Or if covid was an issue, that can’t be helped.

thanks for your help

I ordered some items from them a couple of years ago, and IIRC at that time they were working out of Wisconsin.

For the record, my experience with them was good, but I am aware that more recently there have been some complaints about misquotes for delivery time and poor communication.  

I just noticed from the links above that the Apex website shows no phone number, no email, no physical address, just the "contact us" link page.  Over the years, I have ordered all sorts of items for project cars (not just Datsuns) and I have learned through hard experience that this contact setup should be regarded as sort of a red flag.  It nearly always means the business is run from home, as a sideline, and the contact link is setup to filter and shelter the proprietors of the business from customer communication should it become too bothersome.

I'm not saying that is what Apex is doing, because I don't know, but I have definitely learned to be wary dealing with a business on those terms.

I hope this isn't inappropriate to the thread, if it is mod please delete.

It's there.  Wisconsin uses a different department to track their businesses.

Looks like he had some issues but got things squared away June of this year. In good standing as of then.  That's a good sign, I'd guess.  Probably just backlogged.  Finding help with the virus happening is probably difficult too.

From one perspective you can't blame him for trying to be hidden.  The internet is full of problems.  On the other hand, exposure is part of being a business owner.

Were I one of you I'd send him a polite Facebook message on his personal page, if I had sent him some money and wasn't getting a response.

I made contact with Ohm on his personal fb page, got a quick reply. That was a couple of days ago. 
He was getting my request taken care of, so good to get a reply, and hopefully will get what I need soon. 
thanks for the input

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same issue when I ordered my track pack. I requested a refund and Ohm gave it to me. He's a pretty nice guy, but I think he just didn't expect the amount of business.

I ordered again a few months ago and got my suspension. It was a moth late and they kept telling me it would ship the following Friday.

It seems to be an issue, but I guess time will tell if the product is worth the hassle. I wouldn't stress too hard. You can always get your credit card company involved if you don't get anything

Thanks izzy,

not stressing, I already have parts from them. That all happened pretty quick, and that was some time ago. All I have been  chasing was an engineers FEA report.

last contact with Ohm was late August. Tried a couple more messages, but has gone quiet again. Not much I can do other than wait. 
Im not here to put rubbish on them,  Parts and delivery were great. I just need some paperwork to keep my engineer happy in Australia. If they are busy, that’s fine, but would like an eta.

Gotcha. Must have misread that.

They definitely should get someone to help answer. I know it's not fun to pester, but in their case, I'd drop a reminder every few days.  Only way I got answer from them without waiting for weeks.

I hope you get what you need man!

Hey @Robo I sent the FEA in a messege over facebook with a link, sorry it took so long, been swapped.

@NewZed you can look at our LLC filling online at https://www.wdfi.org/apps/CorpSearch/Search.aspx? or under wisconsin state tax filing, we are a registered LLC, we have only been around for around 2 years so still relatively new.

We are a new company and im trying to learn how to run the buisness and still keep my head above water. As a whole, we are a team of 5 employees. 2 welders, 1 machiest, 1 packaging/shipping and 1 powder coating guy and myself. I do the designing and product development along with take care of the customer service side. I try to get to my emails everyday and reply as fast as i can (and my wife helps me on emails too) but since covid we have been buiser then ever with everyone at home working on their builds i have had to assit on the floor untill i can find a empoyee who can fit our team. Im an engineer trying to learn the buisness side of things but am learing on the way (mostly from my mistakes)

Thanks Ohm.

I to understand the stress of small business as well. Certainly it would not be made easier presently.

you guys have a great product and I hope things settle down to a more consistent level for you. Thanks for the report and your reply.

regards

Rob