HybridZ

metal head gasket

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hi there i'm a kiwi .i have tuboed a none tubo l28 .i'm looking for a metal head gasket. hks say they dont make them any more can u tell of company who make them thanks.

Guest Anonymous

thanks heaps for that have been looking 4 one a long time .they must have bort all hks gaskets because i even gave them a part number but they came up with not a thing can u help me with a fuel regalater.car is injeted got motor sport fuel pump .thanks 4 your help

I was looking into the metal head gasket situation and saw that they have varing thickness of gaskets. What kind of compression ratio increase qwould you have if you ran the .6mm gasket vs. the stock crushed thinkness of 1.4mm? also what else would you need to do to make sure the cam timing was correct? Add shims to total the difference between the two? Where would you buy them?

Stock crushed is 1 mm isn't it? I thought that is what I read in the hotrod datsun book.I would not worry about shimming anything with that mild of a change.

Shims come in either 15 or 20 thousandths, depending on where you get them. 1 mm is 40 thousandths.

I have about 1mm taken off my combo between the block being decked and the head cleaned up. I have not shimmed anything, and I have no problems.

Besides if you shim, you have to change your lash pads, and you have to increase the thickness by the same amount as you shim. Not worth the effort for that small a change. If you are concerned about the cam being retarded, put it in the number 2 hole on the timing gear.

Hey Cody, you can get around all the extra stuff of shimming and all that crap if you go with an adjustable cam sprocket. HKS sells one for 209.00 expensive I know, but it is fuly adjustable + - 14 degrees and that is the best way to go in any case.

I was talking to Tony D and we just may be able to make a similar setup for the sprocket and cut the cost on the unit, but will have to talk to Tony some more.

• 4 years later...

Ha, I saw the date 2/28 on one of the posts but did not look at the year, just figuered it was current. Anyways thanks for the info looks like they may be back in stock but its a .6mm, have they always been that and people just round up to 1mm? I want to keep running high boost so I don't want any higher compression. MSA has the 2mm listed on there site maybe I should get that one.

• 4 months later...