HybridZ

Sad day

scottyMIz

yesterday i was on my way to my g-friend's dad's store and i hit some slush and got out and saw my coffie ca...i mean performance exhaust tip has been ripped off by the slush.But on a good note i found the local auto parts store started carrying the rice stuff so i got a new tip 4" but it doesn't give the hp gains the maxwell house did icon_sad.gif But i did get some go fast stickers to make up for the difference the NOS sticker made the biggest difference i raced a guy in a chevy pickup i had him off the line but he must of had a bigger shot of NOS cuz he got me in the top end icon_mad.gif I gotta get more stickers then he'll be hurting icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest super280z

scottie, you might want to look into changing your canooter valve too, my buddy did that on his 91 chevy blazer and now that thing screams!! he raced this guy in a chevy truck with the stock canooter and whoo!! all i have to say is wow, dude get a new canooter and you'll beat anyone with those NOS stickers bad.. real bad..

Need to change your all our oils, motor, trans and rearend to mating oil... it is the really slick and you will gain at least a 10th in the quarter but it's really expensive...

On your pipe problem you know they make a really good pipe stretcher that will cure your problem. They are very rare so you will have to buy one from me......

I am still amazed at the money the Honda guys spend???? for stupid stuff.. spoilers and wings really improve performance.... wonder how much wind drag that creates?????

Guest super280z

check you're muffler bearings too, sometimes they go out without warning and can cause a loud grinding sound when you step on the gas. definately get a new coffe can and you'll be putting the hurt down on everyone. seriously...

Sorry to hear of your problem. You can make up for it with the lighted valve stem caps for night driving, or go with the neon light kit for under the truck. Even if they don't make your truck any faster, it will certainly look like it is, and that's all that counts, right? icon_razz.gif

Davy

Guest Anonymous

lighted valve stem caps icon_biggrin.gif those things are hillarious! sad part is my sister fell in love with them and is getting a pair for her 2000 dodge avenger. oh well, it WAS a nice car.

i have to take notes it sounds like you guys have done this before icon_biggrin.gif I'm planning on using some ground plain tape the radio guys will know what that is but for those who don't it's tape that radio installers use to put on fiberglass roofs to fool the antenna of a two way radio to think it's in a metal roof if the tape isn't on there it will get very high standing wave and basically be useless.But the bonus is that it's silver well i think aluminum and it looks just like chrome i want to use it for two stripes down the center of the hood and roof icon_wink.gif I still have to change the blinker fluid it's been slowing me down alot.The conooter valve is new i just changed it but it is stock.I don't even know what the heck those other valves are that kc6wfs wrote about icon_smile.gif The nos sticker is only a 50 shot sticker maybe i should get a bigger 100 shot sticker icon_razz.gif

Guest Anonymous

Don't forget to wear a sideways visor, and use a single windsheild wiper, with lights in the windsheild washer fluid jets! With that much power you're going to need a PVC cage! PCV cages are lightweight and even stronger than metal ones!

Guest Anonymous

grease that that wheel up front so those squirrels do not have to work so hard running. Remember it is what up front that counts and a sluggish squirrel cannot get traction on a sluggish wheel.

U'se guys missed the most valuable tip of the day... Change the air in those tires... You now that has to be lighter than the stale air in there from last year... Rotating weight being what it is...

Actually had a ricer ask me if I thought that would help...

Mike icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

Painting the dash parts red and putting in a TV and playstation is supposed to add HP too I think... You're probably right, just a few more stickers, maybe your stickers aren't big enough? To get big power, you need a BIG sticker covering a third of the car, I think its the wind flowing over the vinyl that helps it slip through the air, maybe if you had them made of teflon it'd be even slicker through the air, and bird poop won't stick on it! icon_biggrin.gif

Lone

super280 gave sound advice with the muffler bearings. that's what i usually suggest. you also might consider turbo mudflaps for all four wheels... high dollar upgrades, though. i've got tweety-bird floormats in my car that picked me up two-tenths on the eighth-mile. those stock datsun floormats were just too heavy.

lets be logical here the object is to look so BAD A$$ that no one will even DARE to race you, go to a large truck/trailer supplier and get several of those (WARNING TRANSPORTING EXPLOSIVES STAY 1000 FEET BACK) stickers and a HAZZARDOUS WASTE STICKER that says multiple 5 gallon cans of nitro glycerin on board, and a big red blinking sign for your roof with scrolling lighted messages that say, ! don,t allow temps above 50 degs (f) NO! vibrations! NO! radios

that ought to get you out of having to prove your faster! icon_biggrin.gif

be sure to check the hiefinuphinator. You may also want to consider a large windshield banner, beware, it can be stressful on the motor. With all that power from the banner, you should also get 30" wheels to help with the new traction problem. Leaving the windshield wipers in the middle of you windshield reduces drag coefficient for those high mph blasts icon_biggrin.gif

I have found a way to get ALL of the perfomance without ANY of the negatives. First of all I painted and accessorized my entire motor compartment with bright yellow -> YES YELLOW!!!

Now I know what your thinking, this IS an unfair advantage and no intelligent import racer would dare take me on; this is where my plan comes in icon_biggrin.gif

You see if you paint factory colors OVER the yellow accents you only lose 2% of the perfomace advantage of yellow AT THE MOST!!! I call this my stealth power mod' and it has been my little secret for years.

I do not expect or desire money for my R&D work, only recognition (though in the future I may sell a how-to on eBay for a very reasonable price). When you see the reaction on fools faces as you smoke um (even with a 200# stereo system in your car) remember who hooked you up. icon_cool.gif

And most of all, don't forget to recline your seat as far back as possible, so you can just see over the dash. this lowers the car's center of gravity and give a serious traction boost....good for at least a second in the 1/4... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ha Ha ...you guys crack me up...

Tim

Guest super280z

quote:

Originally posted by grumpyvette:

lets be logical here the object is to look so BAD A$$ that no one will even DARE to race you, go to a large truck/trailer supplier and get several of those (WARNING TRANSPORTING EXPLOSIVES STAY 1000 FEET BACK) stickers and a HAZZARDOUS WASTE STICKER...

Grumpy,

i like the way you think, the !HAZZARDOUS WASTE! stickers would sound like a good idea at first, but remember 18 wheelers have a reputaion of being slow. mabye you'd pick up some real low end torque but thats about it. no big deal, it's just a common mis-conception.

i hate to put a dent in the mood of this thread but this is seriously cracking me up. i cant even read it at work because i laugh so loud, my co-workers are begining to wonder why is that guy having so much fun working? thanks scottie for starting these shinanigans you rock! keep them coming we havent shamed them enough yet!