HybridZ

QuarterMiler or RoadRacer

RacerX

my car is a daily driver/open track road course car.on a good day it keeps up with some trailered in race cars.but it rides rough on the street so i dont think i would build another car like it again.i out ran a z race car at laguna on an open track day.but my car has so many modifications that it wasnt fair.check out the rules in a scca rule book about moving suspension mounting points.car is very extreme for a daily driver but i like the handling.i drive 50 miles a day biut it is all freeway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily driver, 1 hour 15 minutes one each way. Focus on low end torque in order to keep the idiots from cutting in front of me in rush hour.

Performance driving includes launches at the on-ramp stop lights and carving the on/ramp curves when the light isn't on bonk.gif

Owen

For 2 + years was a straight daily driver, nothing more nothing less. A fast daily driver, but daily nonetheless.

Now that I have a BMW M coupe and a few other cars, I am slowly transfering the Datsun over to track duty. Not racing, but DE's. I am lucky enough to instruct with a few groups, i.e. free track time. So choice number 2 for me.

But, as I start to excercise the car on the track, we'll see if the power remains enough for me. As long as I can still outrun everyone, I can settle for less power. Once that is no longer true... turbo, v8, etc.. who knows?

-Bob Hanvey

Guest AlsoRanFPrepared

100% purpose built tube framed 1500Lb Emod autocross car. Really it is in the Garage ornament class like John C. For daily driving my 3 mile commute to work takes place in my 4WD tow vehicle '97 F150 with the comfy leather seats and windows. I gradually went from wanting a street legal "racecar" to a true purpose built trailered rocketship.

-Mark

Ill soon have to change my name to AlsoRanEmod.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Carlissimo

Mine is an every day driver built for high performance canyon carving. It was built with destroying Porches in mind.

I tried racing around a closed road course one day and cooked my 4 piston caliper front brakes within the first 20 minutes. (boiled the brake fluid). The track is very demanding place for a street car.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

i am a drifter, all the way. screw conventional driving, drifting is the future. its way more fun to slide through corners than take them conventionally. ive been drifting for 8 years, ever since i got my old acura legend. nissans make the best drifters, though, thats why i now have a z

Mine is "street legal" / borderline, with things being gear towards track use (road courses)

I think everybody has fun going fast in a straight line, but theres something about going fast thru leftys & rightys, braking, setting up for the next turn or even better the next car you can see ahead of you and going after it (and hopefuly over taking it)!

Then going around again and doing it all over!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BadKarmaCreepin

nightly street racer bent on ripping every other car out there a new one and leaving the driver's thinking, "what the hell just made my expensive car look like worthless metal?"

....and taking it to the track every now and then to see what numbers it puts up....

• 1 month later...
Guest 240hybrid

I'm building my Z for the street mainly....although I want to do some autocross too. I'll prob. to the 1/4 mile to see what it does in that realm, but mainly street. Gonna show some V8s what the deal is, and I wanna show all the chumps with these unbuilt hondas and fourbangers of all kinds how stupid they are and it is to act like there the shhiizznnnitt twak.gif when all they have under the hood is a stock motor with a intake headers and exhaust. A pair of sport rims and a body kit doesnt make you fast, a well built motor cranking out that torque and HP does. "All show, and no Go" annoys the hell out of me. sour.gif They'll start to learn though.