HybridZ

QuarterMiler or RoadRacer

RacerX

I was curious to know for what purpose you are building or have built your Zcar.

Did you build it for primarily straight line acceleration as in the quarter mile? Or for canyon carving the twists and turns of road racing? Or just for the enjoyment of street driving though every now and then when that short straightaway comes around the bend or knowing that the twists and turns are about to come up. I'd like to know please.

RacerX

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with drags is the quicker the car/bike the shorter the track time
....THE BIGGER THE RUSH!!! You make it sound like quicker drag cars are less fun :D .

With the L28ET, the intention was drivers school on road courses and the occassional x-cross. That plan went to hell when I started testing the HP progress at the strip. Car is now being updated to be a better street car but main competition focus is drags.

I was curious to know for what purpose you are building or have built your Zcar.
24/7/365 use...daily driver that NO MATTER how my day went my Z can give it a high point, leaving a light with 'mild' throttle and being a block away before everyone's cleared the intersection and you only throttled up to 35mph can be the mild points...dropping AMGs/NSX's like flies when they buzz around during daily commuting (my commute is a big 15minutes) is also fun...I do greatly enjoy lapping days when I can fit them in but just having the enjoyment of hanging corners/curves/lights/hills every time I drive really lights up my day/night:)

You never know when a thrill might come around...the other day it was some very kewl looking biker (million dollar irridescent gold suit and helmet) that did a stoplight launch with me (kinda a harsh description as I can feather my built automatic out without wheelsping (ie. not grabbing unwanted attention)) and I surprised him and we had some fun ;)

Going to track days and easily torquing past full race AS sedans, some built vettes etc etc and then outbraking them into the turns is Zatizfying az well :cool:

I enjoy street and lapping days primarily and then autox and 1320 as well. If good tracks were closer I'm sure I'd do more of it......

The street will do little more than connect the events I plan to visit. What I am building the car for is fun! :D

I want to try autox and open coarse track days and drags. I want to try them to see what I like the most, drags will be what I do between the others. Problem with drags is the quicker the car/bike the shorter the track time.

Too bad optimal setup for one event will limit the others. I guess thats what coilovers could help with.

Don

Not that I've changed my plans over the years, but just added afew that I think it would be good at, daily use for the fun at the street lights, some 1320's at Ennis/Mansfield and hopefully some road racing in the near future.

Why is it that most Z fans hate the idea of a V8? Envy?

I'm building my car for the pure enjoyment of driving a unique true GT car. I love getting blank stares as I sling shot around cars and it makes me feel good knowing that I'm not like everyone else driving bling bling Honda's etc. I guess my Z would fall in the "street warrior" category. I'm not really into the 1/4 mile type racing...there's just something about taking a corner with full boost. To me it's much more fun and exciting to race through twist and turns. rockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

Street car, I really don't have any intention of dragging it much, maybe to get an idea what it can do when I get it where I want it. Mines a street car, I can't afford to tear it up on the strip nor the big suspension/brake upgrades for canyon carving. I just enjoy squirting the gas and having people flip out when they see a funky looking (currently) Z zip away from them like they're in park.

Regards,

Lone

fairlady 327 is all about the straight line and the stoplights, and her jersey is officially retired.

now len168, is all about the polar opposite, im gonna go for those corners full speed, but also have something to make sure i stay ahead of you when i exit, oh yeah that boost baby that boost. im making a daily driver that whooshes very time i get off the gas, drives like a corolla at low speed, an all around car i guess, but more biased towards drifting and driving throught twisties like a complete animal-something fl327 could do to a point that len168 will accel at b_hand.gifb_hand.gifb_hand.gifb_hand.gifb_hand.gif

Mine started out towards a street legal full tilt race car... It has now evolved into an exotic super car.. designed for a road coarse, but still driveable on a semi regular basis.

Mine is not a sunday driver.. not a daily driver... somewhere in between. I'm not afraid to take it to the track. Though I try to get through the day without a scratch. hehe

Street warrior/roadcourse