HybridZ

Poor Lancer EvoVII - Wicked drifting with an a twisted end!

slownrusty

Check this vid gang....awesome until the very end...show what happens with a slight misjudge and maybe a little over confidence. One of the best 4wheel drifts I have ever seen!

I bet the owner with the Lotus Elise crapped their pants, when the EVO was passing next to it.

If you have problems viewing the video, right click and do a "Save As"

http://www.teamnightkids.com/videos/lancer500.mpg

Enjoy - Yasin

Shot in Germany - not sure which track

Yeah, that is how I want to be immortalized, with an internet video contining soft string music playing in the backround of a slow motion video of my on camera triple toe loop.

Is it just me, or could that car have made better lap times if it wasn't flailing about so much?

I think that drifting is a perfect example of drifting not being "racing". Notice he blows away the cars in the straight away, but the cars he pass gain tons of ground through the corners. If he didn't waste so much time rotating the car back and forth, he turn some hellacious lap times. Then again, he probably wouldn't have wasted the car either. :P

Geez what sad music... did the guy survive?.. or was that him walking away?...

This is a wake up call for us Z'rs who take them on the track, as well as the high hp street machine dudes..

I see that vid, and wonder what might happen to Darius.. 600+hp.. no cage...= eventual death.

25+ yr old cars..many not in top condition..

Becareful guys!

Guest livewire23

if you look at the hood of the WRX in the end, you can see it says "school of driving" at least, thats what I think it says. my french is crap. now I know why the beginning of the vid said "is this good sense?"

you think there was a cage in there? the passenger compartment seems to have held up fairly well.

Yeah I have to agree with Mudge, save it for the dirt tracks! This guy had it coming with the way he was driving. It was only a matter of time before he went flying off the track. As you can see nobody else was driving like that and they were still moving a long quite nicely.

Guy

I know a guy that got booted for drifting at Thunderhill. He wasn't doing it to this ricey of an extent, but track operators dont want to see idiots out there causing harm to their own pocketbooks/lives, or anyone elses.

If you dirt track, or are in a ralley go for it, otherwise keep it off the tracks lest you get something wrong and kill someone or take out thier car.

It can be fun once in awhile, but fun to me is being fast, not making a jackass of myself.

When did this become an issue of rice and ricers? Goin a little too far there arent ya?

Rice is the anti thesis of performance, the idiot, the person everyone likes to point and laugh at, or just plain ignore. This person while pretty good at doing the drifting, doesn't belong on a road course if they dont know what they are doing. They were obviously a danger to themselves and others. Stick them on a dirt track and I'm sure they'd be right at home.

Someone got upset with me before on another board by using the now generic term, RICE to refer to these idiots, so if you prefer dumbass that will work too.