HybridZ

you like this?

Guest ae86drifter

Guest ae86drifter

mr_arp-img600x450-1047480732dscf0015.jpg

i think its really f****** cool. let me know guys. im tempted to buy that front spoiler and put it on a fiberglass gnose kit.

Guest Zachb55

i like how the valance thingy kindof carries the ZG look through the front....gives me ideas for the "lip" that i would like to add onto my valance at the bottom. i was thinking about making mine out of Carbon Fiber and make it look like those really sweet JGT cars do. anyone see the April SuperStreet cover car :shock: ? i wanna make something like what that WRX has on it's nose. i also think that car could use a little help with getting the GNOSE bumper aligned a bit better.

-Zach

I like it. I agree there's some work to be done on the fitment issues.

I think the car would look MUCH better if only the bumper were grey, and the air dam and flares were the red body color. Sorry, I just don't care for the "slapped on" race flare look.

Looks tough but the only thing I dont like about those flairs is how abrupt they come of the body. Not enough transtion. For those that dont about Z cars , I could see them asking" why did you put on those Kragen fender flairs??"

Perzactly.

I know that the old JDM stuff is getting quite a following. Just like 70s

clothes did a while ago. If people like it, that's there perogative. The flairs make the car look like it was turned into a race car. And that's all the rage these days, with the graphics, 30 series tires, extreme lowering, etc. It's a style, plain and simple. Oh, and I liked the look of the old JDM fairlady deck lid spoiler that I bought one, had it painted body color, and used it.

If people think that if bolt on flairs give the car the "mean race car" look they want, that's great. Just not my cup of tea. On a street car, my preference is just for a "clean" look, where flairs are bonded on and faired in, and painted body color. But that's just me. Yeah, the deck lid spoiler on my car is bolt on - but no bolts show.

I love the G-Nose. I think the air dam makes it look better. Every time I see a G-Nose with the regular, pointy, valance thingy I think "that ought to put plenty of air under the car..."

I'd probably try to find a different air dam for it. One that comes out and then straight down. I've seen a G-nose car done like that before, no pic though.

The car in the pic has the "real" g-nose (ie., 5-piece metal vs 1 or 2 piece fiberglass). These were made in the early 70s and as such the fit and finsih is equal to the times. You can tell it's a Japanese car by the spring loaded front license plate. They're into photgraphic speed traps big-time, so your plate swings up to avoid being spotted.

Guest ae86drifter

i guess to each his own. i definatly like old school styling. bolt on fender flares, fender mirrors. little rear spoilers, spook front spoilers (BRE style) that style could never be duplicated on a honda or new style car (350Z, Skyline etc) 70's styling is very unique. i guess to each his own. i wouldnt want my 240z to be updated with big mold in flares. little door mirrors. big can muffler. carbon fiber hood, huge fiberglass body kit from MSA and some huge 17" wheels (i prefer the 15" watanabes). i'd pick another car that suits that style. 240z is old school, and i like 'em old school.

enough rant. that spoiler on that white gnose is cool. know the manufacter? i like the one of the red car better its more angluar keeps the line of the fender flares better. that one on the white one kinda just does its own thing up front.

i hope nobody takes offense. i drive an ae86 to school everyday. im stuck in the 70's-80's styling.