HybridZ

Biggest Rims for Z

I am debating on what size rims to put on my car, I just installed the yz flair kit and got some more room. I want to put 19's cause I think it would look crazy, but I would have to sacrifice tire size to do it, a 285-30-19 is 26 in diameter, the 17x8's that I have with a 235-40-17 are 24.5, the ones I want 335-30-19 are 27.4 and I dont think that would fit, they might fit but I wouldnt be able to get the car very low, and I want it as low as possible. A 335-35-17 is only 26 in diameter and is 13.4 wide, the widest out of all of them. New rims will cost 23-2600, I can get my 17's widened for 300 a rim=1200, what size do you think I should go with??

darius,

You have a wicked ride. i love the wheels you have now.

What type of traction are you going for road race or drag race. if you want drag race traction youll need a taller side wall. teh thin side wall tire are great for handling but will scream like little girls from a stop. juast my 2 cents. either way it will look badass ;>

You also really need to look at how tall the tire is. A 26" tall tire will make it difficult to lower the car much. Going from a 225/50-15 to a 275/45-16 tire forced me to raise my car 1" in front and 1 1/4" in back to get the camber curves correct.

Darius,

I dont know what gear ratio you have in the diff but it would seem that most of our cars are pretty undergeared for "normal driving". First gear is almost redundant on my set up (sbc 5 speed supra 3.56 rear) so if I change my rims I will look for something that would make it better (taller tyre). The taller tires can also visual lower the car with out auctually lowering them. They fill the wheel well better and you can still keep a bit of ground clearence. So thats my common sence answer. The emotive one is, Go as wide as possible. :D

Douglas

here is a picture of ivan280zt's car with 18" wheels which i think look very sweet

album_pic.php?pic_id=362

that is what i'll probably end up going with. anything bigger than that and you'll probably end up using rubber bands for tires to get them to fit.

I like lateral grip myself, I really dont give a hoot how bitchin my wheels look to people on the street. If I had "unlimited" funds I'd probably go with some 17x13" or 18x13" on the back, and I'd sure to try to fit a 11.5"-12" up front!

Guest ON3GO

1st off your car is the reason why i fell in love with 240Z's....

my friend has a R1 and when i saw that video of you racing one i was hooked...

but as much as 19's would be badass, i rather have a set of 18's.

your HRE's you have are pure badass, but a set of 18's would be wicked and you could get that tire size your want im sure.

17's on your car now look hugh, and i know the YZ kit is alot wider but 18's would fit so perfect.

also i would go with a mesh type rim, it makes the rim look bigger, even more on the YZ kit.

also whats new with your car? color? engine mods? etc.

and again awesome car man.

your my hero.

lol

mike