HybridZ

new pics of my engine :>

stony

finally got teh air filter adapters welded on and filter installed along with the new blow off. I must say mig welding aluminum is a BIATCH~!!!! but its done and it looks ok...not too bad... not a tig weld but ok.

album_pic.php?pic_id=759

album_pic.php?pic_id=758

album_pic.php?pic_id=757

Man, those RB engines do look nice! The visible welds look pretty enough. You are probably being too hard on yourself.

Not to steal a thread, but what type of camber plates do you have on the top of your strut towers? Is that a custom job or someone's kit?

Nice work.

Looking good Stony, I still need to come up with something. I will probley do some thing similar but with K&N’s. It is hard to get fresh air with our setup. I was looking at getting a filter in front of the intercooler but there in no way the tube would get around it. What do you think of going through the inner fender and putting the filter in front of the tire behind the front air dam?

One more question what do you vent your valve cover to?

the camber plates is a arizona z car kit.

brad i was thinking about the same stuff.. just didnt feel like cutting it up at this point. I have seen custom setups where the piping goes into a big square air filter on the top of teh motor pulling fresh air from a modified 280z vent, lots of cutom stuff.

right now i dont have them venting to anything but the air. next ting to do is make a oil catch can and run some hose from the vents to the can up front somewhere. what ive seen alot of people do for that is actually cut off the stock vents and either weld or thead in some earls fittings fro steel braided lines ;>

I was thinking of the hood thing too but I was going to make some 2" X 8" lovers in the stock hood, I think I will still do that just for cooling over the turbos. Making it for the filter would be cool but a lot of work and you would have to do some thing about the water that might dump into the turbos, it would need some sort of drain.

Guest Want aZ

Stony,

Just wondering but is there some way to get it plumbed into the cowl vent below the windshield???

Just wondering, and it would be a source of cool air, although it could be space constrained...

Looking good Stony' date=' I still need to come up with something. I will probley do some thing similar but with K&N’s. It is hard to get fresh air with our setup. I was looking at getting a filter in front of the intercooler but there in no way the tube would get around it. What do you think of going through the inner fender and putting the filter in front of the tire behind the front air dam?

One more question what do you vent your valve cover to?[/quote']

Front mounted air filters need to be protected to some degree from rain water splashing up from the road. The most practical place to mount a filter seems to be in front of the radiator support where it is protected and gets unheated air, some route the pipe through holes cut in the inner guard to do this if there is insufficient room to run the pipe through the radiator support.