HybridZ

True Cost of A Z Conversion

Phantom

My wife is not a car lover. She tolerates my passion because she loves me and has proven that repeatedly for over 30 years now. She's been a bit jealous since I got the '77 back so last night I took her shopping. To all the other costs of the car add a 3 carat marquis set in a band with another 3.5 carats of diamonds. She consented to ride down to the Sonic for a car show this weekend after that.

Gold and diamonds solve most conflicts, took me a while to learn. :D

So does the back of my hand. (just kidding) :roll: Man oh man. Phantom you just threw away alot of money for that rock. That could have been money well spent on Z performance. AAARGGHHH!! :shock: Oh well hope you get good sex for it. :P

Yeah - it actually cost more than the LS1/T56 conversion but then I've had her 30 years and the Z only 11. She's got the seniority. Not only that, she's the best thing that's ever happened to me - even considering the Z - so she more than deserves it.

And yes, I've been educated on the 4C's for a long time which actually saved me a buttload of money by staying away from the investment grades.

When I was married I found that I had to split my budget in half.

One 1/2 for the car and 1/2 for the wife.......

Now that I think about it maybe it was 3/4 car and 1/4 wife...

No wonder I'm not married any more... :shock:

Guest zfan

Phantom, Sounds like you did it right. My car is special to me but the Woman is even more so I must admit..ok guy's you can quit snickering now :D I'm going on 22 years with her and 5 with the Z girl.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Update - setting on ring got screwed up so it got returned for full cash refund - including a separate appraisal we'd had done on it. Replacement is a special deal through a friend of mine who is a gemologist and has "connections" with the diamond brokers in Boston. Picture in my album. Center stone is 5 carats.

Now thats a rock! Being one of my previous boss' owns a jewerly store and I knew all the employees that made the jewerly, I can safely tell you that looks like one nice and very expensive diamond ring. Phantom, you get a chance, let me know the specs. It looks very clear from the pics. Excellent color quality.

• 3 weeks later...
Keep hearing these conspiracy rumours about diamonds. Inflated prices' date=' misrepresented availability.

http://www.martinnorth.8m.com/DeBeers.htm

Trent[/quote']

They are not rumors. They are established fact. Good article. If the diamond producers didn't artificially restrict the number of diamonds produced a year, they would be worth next to nothing.

The DeBeers cartel has not gone unnoticed. The US Justice department has had outstanding arrest warrants on many DeBeers executives for anti trade violations for quite a number of years. Funny what some people think is valuable.

Here is my favorite idea for a diamond:

http://www.lifegems.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the_dj
Keep hearing these conspiracy rumours about diamonds. Inflated prices' date=' misrepresented availability.

http://www.martinnorth.8m.com/DeBeers.htm

Trent[/quote']

They are not rumors. They are established fact. Good article. If the diamond producers didn't artificially restrict the number of diamonds produced a year, they would be worth next to nothing.

The DeBeers cartel has not gone unnoticed. The US Justice department has had outstanding arrest warrants on many DeBeers executives for anti trade violations for quite a number of years. Funny what some people think is valuable.

Here is my favorite idea for a diamond:

http://www.lifegems.com/

Is it possible to buy synthetics for cosmetic uses yet? If so, what is the price like?

I've read stories about DeBeers before, and given the way I like to be different anyway, I have no problem giving an engagement ring with a solitaire ruby, sapphire, or emerald. :)