HybridZ

Finally some updated pics of my car!

Guest z1 performance

Guest z1 performance

The wheels are Simmons 3 piece units....the Simmons wheels are all build to order, lal Fikse and HRE. they are fully forged so are actually a decent weight considering the size (18x8.5 front, 18x9.5 rear). The best part is that they are correct for the car..no spacers, so special studs or adapters...just a literal bolt on. Downside is of course price (almost $4k with tires), but given the lack of quality wheels available to fit the ZX perfectly. these were the best option for me.

Adam

Guest ON3GO

My friend got stuff for his WRX, its blue, but it seams like all of them are blu, hehe.

He sports ya license plate frame around town.

his name is Kevin O'neil.

Guest z1 performance

Suspension is really very simple:

KYB GR2's, old school Suspension Techniques Linears, Suspension Techniques sway bars front and rear, Cusco strut braces front and rear, and of course, the cage.

As for igntion...like the fuel, its all handled by the TECII

We'll be hitting the track soon, just have to rack some more miles up on it before its all broken in, and trying to get some of the idle issues worked out (this cam is making it hard for me!)

Adam

Guest z1 performance

James - I put a post up in the engine mgmt forum....let me know if you can help!

I agree, the cam is definately a root casue :)

Adam

Good job on the car. I was beginning to think there were about two or three of us out there who were doing anything with the ZX . Nice dyno numbers. How is the off boost performance? I have been going at a build for my car for about 8 months now, and FINALLY have all the stuff together to get it completed.

What oil pan are you running in the car? I was noticing in my car that under heavy accelleration I was experiencing oil problems. The guage would start to lose pressure wich indicates the oil was being thrown away from the pickup.

anyway here is my page and the stuff I have done to my car.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/280zxt You may find some cool upgrades to do to your car on it. I have been working on my car for a long time and it is almost completed.

Regarding the fuel rail, I have designed to recepticles for the oring injectors. I am going with the MSD 72Lb injectors to complete the build. The fuel rail stock is from arizona marine-speed. Good stock to start with. I can send you the drawings for the injectors that will screw into the fuel rail if you like.

REGARDS: Jeffp

oh P.S I really would like to know where you got that CUSCO shock tower bar from. :D

Guest z1 performance

Jeff - it was good to talk with you today! I'll let you know as soon as the brace arrives...emailed Japan to order it tonight for you.

As for the dyno numbers, those are old figures from the setup about 3 years ago..only thing that remains now are the injectors, fuel pump and TECII...everything else is new.

Oil pan is stock......pump has been shimmed, but even without it, I never had any pressure issues. Remember, the sending units in these cars are very finicky (assuming you are running the stock pressure gauge, which I am)

The stock I got is from RC Engineering..probably all the same stuff (mine is identical to the stock HKS uses for their rails).

if you could email me the specs you have for your rails, that would be great...I have someone here who can easily do it for us if you want.

Adam

Hi Adam, I will wait for the bar and if it turnes out the way I like I will get the rear bar also.

The drawing for injector fittings is completed, I just need to put in all of the parameters to turn the part.

I was thinking of the easiest way to install a fitting and not have to worry about getting it tight, and did not want to hassle with an orientation issue, so I decided a 1/8" NPT type thread into the fuel rail would be about the best bet. The hole in the center of the fitting to feed the fuel will be .312" or 5/16 that should supply more then enough to the injector for which ever size you happen to be running. I still have to go and look at an idea I got from my VOLVO injector fuel rail. The volvo has the same type injector top and they have made a clip that holds the injector in the fitting. My MSD injectors have exactly the same configuration as the volvo so I think I am going to use the same clip to secure the injector in the fitting, in stead of using the rail to secure the injector in the fitting.

I have it all figured out, I just need to get the time to get it all together. I have been working on all the other stuff to get the car going. I will keep you updated. :D

Guest z1 performance

Well, just got off the phone with my engine builder, and he found the tech card on my motor :)

Here goes:

For the head, it was tested at 25 inchesof depression on a Super Flow 300 bench

Intake: 136 cfm@6-7 thou.

Exhaust: 173 cfm @6-7 thou.

Above was on a 200 scale. So what does this mean? Basically, that the head flows more the more lift you give it, and as of right now, I could go to a bigger cam (with a different rocker), and make even more power, so thats a good thing in my book...though I am not even close to having this thing tuned out yet, so looks like we'll be getting hot and heavy with the logging and tuning in the coming weeks!

As for the cam, duration is 305 according to the build card

Adam