HybridZ

Wow...is this a good price???

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just talked to a local salvage yard and they have an LT1 motor with iron heads and full injection conected to a T56 tranny with all the running ger needed to drop the whole unit in. They want $2300.00 for teh whole setup. The motor and tranny have 60K miles on them. Is this a good deal? They also have just a T56 from a 94 firebird for $850.00. Should I go out and gte this motor/tranny combo or are the miles too high?

SpencZ

Spence, They are cheaper in Texas, dont jump on that deal just yet. Let me ask around

today. Shipping would not cost you but a couple of hundred bucks and you would not have to pay tax if it is bought from out

of state. I think i can get you a deal.

4 bolt blocks aren't really needed unless you are A: making power above 600HP or B: running an externally balanced motor. This is what was told to me by 6 different builders, incuding Doug Rippie and Lingefelter, both of which were real nice to talk to on the phone.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

• 6 years later...
Spence, They are cheaper in Texas, dont jump on that deal just yet. Let me ask around

today. Shipping would not cost you but a couple of hundred bucks and you would not have to pay tax if it is bought from out

of state. I think i can get you a deal.

Hey, you dont know me, but is there a chance you can help me find a 5speed manual tranny for my v8 z? all i can find on ebay are ford t-5's, and they go for around 1k, which is a lot compared to 850 for a t-56, right? ty for any help, wilson

$2300 is about average here in the Northeast, JunkyardT56 prices have not budged since last Sept they are still running 1200-1600 here. Even on ebay they have been going for 1000-1700 and you have to pay for shipping as well!

I thought prices would go down for the winter but so far they haven't!

LT1 motors from F bodies are still running from 1000 to 1700 as well. The Caprice motors are running cheaper at 600-1200. I can't find complete LT1/T56 combo F body cars for under 3K either right now! Oh and forget about any LS1 car deals they are nowhere to be found in the northeast for under 4K and will probably be a 98 or 99 only. Wish I was in Texas or CA right now!

Greg

$2300 is about average here in the Northeast, JunkyardT56 prices have not budged since last Sept they are still running 1200-1600 here. Even on ebay they have been going for 1000-1700 and you have to pay for shipping as well!

I thought prices would go down for the winter but so far they haven't!

LT1 motors from F bodies are still running from 1000 to 1700 as well. The Caprice motors are running cheaper at 600-1200. I can't find complete LT1/T56 combo F body cars for under 3K either right now! Oh and forget about any LS1 car deals they are nowhere to be found in the northeast for under 4K and will probably be a 98 or 99 only. Wish I was in Texas or CA right now!

Greg

Hey give it some time, we just started getting snow! lol plenty of fools will be on the road with Ls1 donors ready to be bought. I plan on going to the dealer auctions within the next 3 weeks, so I'll let you know like last time.

Hey, you dont know me, but is there a chance you can help me find a 5speed manual tranny for my v8 z? all i can find on ebay are ford t-5's, and they go for around 1k, which is a lot compared to 850 for a t-56, right? ty for any help, wilson

a good friend has one. i let you know today what he says.

They haven't dropped here in the northeast, Went to Robertsons yesterday to check on Inventory, they are one of the largest in Southeastern MA and the only had 2 cars with T56's, a 97 Camaro with 72K and a 97 Firebird with 64K they wanted $2500 for a complete pull out with driveshaft (:((

I guess I keep looking

Greg