HybridZ

Who had or has a T66 on their L6?

Guest JAMIE T

Talk to me in a couple of weeks, I begin the mounting process tomorrow...

T-66 P-trim .58 a/r exhaust side, .70 a/r intake side , 3" downpipe and Racegate wastegate :D

Gettin ready for Reynolds 8)

Guest JAMIE T
How long will he have to wait for boost?????

LOL, Funny...

I don't think I'll have to wait long with my NOS direct port fogger(which is already plumbed). :twisted:

Actually James I wanted to know how well it fit in the tight confines. I was looking at a couple of larger turbo's and was wondering if they would even fit. Also, I was wondering what configuration they were running(AR, turbine trim, etc...) And of course how much power was being produced.

I think you fail to see the detail in what 240Z Turbo posted. He specifically posted the turbine wheel and the turbine housing combinations. Those are the keys to how a turbo spools not the fact that it has a massive T66 on the compressor side. To follow on to what he posted with my own experience, I run a TE-63 turbo with a P-trim turbine wheel but I use a .63 T3 turbine housing. When I launch, I have full boost before the car travels a couple of feet, which is one of the reasons why my 60' is so quick. If I switched my compressor side to a 66 and retained the turbine side I have, I doubt the spoolup would be much different. However, if I switched to a turbine housing with a massive A/R, I would probably run 136-7mph and probably a slower ET.

This is something that others fail to realize, especially in the SupraTT world. Their focus is so much on making max peak HP on a dyno or running 140+ in 1/4 that they end up sacrificing spoolup. If those guys caught on and starting tailoring their turbine housings to improve spoolup, they would be a terror on the dragstrip.

I disagree, I have only seen one Supra that could hook worth a damn. :lol::lol::lol::twisted: Its the supra drivers number one excuse.

As for fitment, you can make anything fit, look at James, he has two 16g's in his engine bay, and I have yet to figure out how he managed that. Must have a little talent or something.

Jamie, I will quit being a smart alec for a second. I think for the most part, the T series compressor housings are all the same size, and would guess they are larger then my 60 AR TO4e.

TimZ was making over 400hp to the wheels if I recall the dyno chart properly. I would suggest with a turbo that size you do something along the lines of headwork, and a cam change.

I would also caution you not to get to dependant on the direct port, yes it will help with spool up, but do you really want to be dependant on NOS to get your turbo up to speed?

Generally speaking, if you run a full T series, you will want to run a .58 AR with the P trim, and a .69 with the O trim. If you want decent spool-up.

One thing to consider is the Stage V turbine is similar in size, ( the inducer is slight smaller) then a P trim, and since it has one fewer blade and is more aerodynamic the the P trim, perhaps you should look at a hybrid with a stage V turbine wheel, and either a 60-1 or 62-1 in a big housing.

They both flow some pretty big numbers, and using an E housing over a B is supposedly worth another 50cfm.

I disagree, I have only seen one Supra that could hook worth a damn. :lol::lol::lol::twisted: Its the supra drivers number one excuse.

I have to say that Supra was getting some serious boost for a T78 with manual trans. When he shifted into 2nd, the WB was wide open. :shock: ran low 11's with 13xmph trap on drag radials I think

Guest JAMIE T

Scottie, Yes, I realized James' information as very helpful. I was just answering his question as to what information I wanted. "I may look dumb, but that's just a disguise" :wink: I am doing blow-thru carbs on my current project. I don't expect more than 400hp that way. The T66 question was not for this project(but for a future one). I'm just picking brains for information, and combinations that work.

FWIW, my current turbo(not yet installed) is a .84 A/R T04B compressor housing with a 60-1 wheel, and the stock(essentailly) T3 turbine housing and wheel. I will likely upgrade the turbine wheel soon after the car gets together or before.

I went with a slightly different combo for my latest turbo build. I decided on a .70 A/R exhaust turbine housing machined to fit the stage 5 exhaust turbine wheel (ten blade turbine) Then I went a little off the norm with a .60 TO4E compressor housing machined to fit a 62-1 compressor wheel. I think this is going to be a very good high boost combination for my car with the way I configured the bottom end.

BUT, I will know for sure the first time I blast the boost and see where it spols up at. I am trying to maintain full boost @ 3000 rpm's and that will be ideal for me.

Good for the freeway, and not to bad for around town either, Good for the track, so if my design work operates the way I think it is going to, I will have an excellent combination. I will let everyone know what it turns out like here in a few weeks. :D

Guest z1 performance

While I have an internally gated T66 in my car, I honestly have no clue what the Ar is nor what the trims of the wheels are. If it puts down the power I am seeking, I will leave it in, if not, it is coming out in favor of either the T78/Trust manifold, or a T51R.

At present, boost is a complete on/off affair, due mostly to my cam...at 4000 rpm, things happen very very quickly, and full boost (which for me right now is 14 psi) is reached within 200 rpm.

Adam

Guest z1 performance

Alex - mine? I am going the old reliable route...if I go with the Trust manifold, I'll get the Greddy turbo to go with it, or if I go T51, it will be the HKS version.

Adam