HybridZ

somebody help me please!! BRAKE LINES!!

Guest ON3GO

guys im in a stump, i need brake lines...

i have the wilwood NDL calipers in the front, with silvia/240sx rear brakes... and a 280ZX turbo brake master cylinder, slave cylinder..

i need brake lines bad.. anybody have any clue... i need them fast too, got something going on to get this car done this month.

thanks!

mike

please somebody help me out.

i was told i need custom brake lines because of my wilwood front brakes and my silvia rear brakes.. also have 280ZX turbo master cylinder and slave cylinder..

im in a stump.. im leaving very soon and need to buy them today! or ASAP!.

anybody?

Looks like you will have to make them. Go to NAPA, they have metric brake lines, pre-made in different lenghts. All you have to do is bend them where needed. They also have standard lines, and metric to standard, standard to metric, fittings.

well no luck at NAPA, discount auto, auto Zone, or a local speed shop....

damn.

i dont even no the right size fitting for the wilwood calipers or the size for the stock brake lines..

Make them yourself! Buy a double flare tool, a tubing bender, the fittings, etc. Practice a lot with the flare tool until you can reliably make a good double flare. Then start on your car. Expect to screw up a few lines but eventually you'll get them done.

Guest Anonymous

I believe what you are looking for is a female inverted flair 10mmx 1.0 thread to a #3 male these are avaliable in straight to 90 degree versions. This thread size is with in a thousandth or two of your fitting and will work fine. I've had these on my car with out problems for 7 or 8 years. Call Barnette performance @ 404-522-1320 and tell them what you are doing and check to see if they confirm my info. Its been along time since I put those lines together but I think those are the right numbers. They also sell 1/8 inch to #3 fittings, both ends male, but it depends on if you need the female inverted flair or not. Good luck, Mark

Yep, you can make whatever you want. Put that prop valve where you can reach it, make brake line sculptures that pass thru the cabin, whatever. My advice would be to buy a tubing bender as well, as it is pretty easy to kink the tube if you are trying to do a really sharp bend.

The key for me was chamfering the end of the tube. I kept trying and trying,then I READ THE DIRECTIONS on the tool, and after chamfering the end, I couldn't go wrong. I used a drill bit for that, BTW.

Jon

Guest cbrunberg

Try taking your Mastercylinder and calipers with you to the parts store and go through their fittings selection to find the right fitting sizes. Write them down and buy the appropriate brake lines and follw Johns instructions. It's not that bad. It's just hard to guess about the fitting sizes.

Carl

well that was alot of money.. to get the right size fitting then to a line connected to a fitting to connect to a fitting onto the stock line was 80 bucks!!!!!!!!!

nobody sells fittings for those calipers and i had to rig it up to work cuz my stock lines/fittings wont come off... pure rusted shut!

oh well least i get that done..

man o man.

i could have put a nice down payment on a new STi and have low monthly payments... oh well.. ill just beat them in my old Z. :D