HybridZ

How much $$ have you put into your Z?

Guest Jae

Well...I bought my 1971 240Z for only $300. That included enough parts to put two of them together! Heck of a deal...then I started buying performance parts and other parts and this and that...

I have over $4,000 into now and it still has not seen the road. :( I am waiting for the money to buy a turbo upgrade and build a Megasquirt. Then I hope to learn how to paint my own car(doing this before I put it back together).

All in all, I'll most likely have well over 10 grand into it before it see's the road. I am completely restoring it, everything is new or rebuilt or upgraded. I just hope to finish it by next summer.

I am guessing that by the time I am done with it I"ll have about $15,000 into it. I don't think that, that is all that bad. It will be like buying a new car that can kick almost anything's butt for only 15 grand...not bad in my book.

Anyway,

Jason

Guest oldZguy

Spent 5K for the car in 79, webbers cam suspension paint stuff say another 3K over the years, working on it again, probably looking at another 3K by time I have it where I want it... Don't tell my wife! No mine isn't as exstream as so many that are on the forums here but I always wonder how well mine would compair performance wise, I don't care much for how it looks, performance counts. And if I had known then what I know now I would have done a V8 swap long ago... to much invested now to go back and change things.... Ah to be young again, and smarter!

most the money is in the suspension, brakes, and wheels... and motor....

i never really bought cheap stuff.. i figure do it right the 1st time.

looking for around 350rwhp on pump gas and etc.. maybe more..

mike

• 2 weeks later...

a whole $1700, which is a lot for me since i only make $40 a month :D (allowance)

i want to get a loan of 6 or 7 grand from my dad so i can completely mod the motor w/everything turbo from MSA (and NOS). Im looking for 350hp or more when im done. no more money for the suspension because its already done and i finished the interior. I WANT 11'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way what kind of turbo did they use in the early Z turbo set up in SportZ?

Man-o-man, my parents just found out that I have over $10,000 into my car and they just about blew a gasket! LOL Its ok though since they dont have to support me(Im 21 and have a real job). I just told them that I have over $10K in the car but I negleted to tell them that I really have about $15,000 in the car. I dont think its too bad considering what the performance will be once I finally "finish" it(no hybridz is ever done in my book! There are always more mods to be done! :D ) I think once I get it painted this winter/spring and the new rims on they will have a different opinion.....aka "ummm Guy".... "can I drive it to work today?" :D 8)

It doesnt bother me that I have spent that much? Why should anyone else care? Its not their money! :D

Guy

yeah word man (lt1). i was addiding mine about month ago and i belive that i came up to $12000 with the car crap i dont know where that money went to be honest but when you (used too not any more) live at home pay no bills and crap that $350 momo steering wheel looks damn good :shock: . geee i wish that i did't waste money on some of b/s i bought but ohhh well...

ps. still need about $15k to finish it all the way...

Ivan

I have about 15K in mine, total. But it's not that much when you go shopping for cars nowadays.

Look in the back of a Car & Driver and mark the sportscars that have the performance that can match the cars on this site and see how much they are!

I used to run a Porsche 951, a new 400hp engine would cost you 15K. For that much I have the 400hp-suspension-brakes-etc. etc. to match and the car!