HybridZ

ok ok need help.. what color do i go with.. pics inside..

Guest ON3GO

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys...

ya the green is different...

BUT i saw a viper today at a car show, and it was in that steel silver color... WOW thats a nice color..

so im thinking of that..

still blue and green though.. but now that steel silver color..

mike

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I too have never really been a big fan of green, but that green looks very nice. That blue looks a little too soft. My preference would be a little darker. I think that blue would lend good to a turbo exhaust sound though (I like to try to imagine all aspects going together).

It's kind of hard for me to say because I dont plan to use either color for my Z. Of those two specific colors I would go with the green. If you wanted a little darker blue I would think that would look awesome. There is an absolutely perfect blue Z in the vacaville area that I have seen from time to time and it is just a tad bit darker than that blue. I am going to start carrying around my camera daily to try to catch a pic of it.

remember a color that looks good on another car might not look good on the z. the z fits morre of those classic looking colors rather than that bright blue so to speak. but i really dont think u should base the color off what other people think. look at the 2 colors... and go with the one u like. no matter waht anyone says.. better that u like the color than other people.

Mike, Mike, Mike!

You have been working on this car for quite some time now, and have YET to drive it.....

Trust my words of wisdom here....

Drive it for at least 6 months. At least.

I have gone through so many itterations on my Z and paint jail is not what you want right after you get it running.

Drive it for a while.

Drive it..

Drive...

drive...

No matter what the paint shop says, it won't be out in less than a few months. Unless you own the paint shop or are painting it yourself.

Drive it.

BTW, it is great to see you car finally coming together after all the decision making you went through. BTW, don't you head off for Boot Camp soon?

-Bob

well Bob thanks for the kind words.. and yes i have YET to drive it with all the new stuff on it.

the car will be painted by me, kinda.... ill be helping but a friend and his dad will be doing it, and you HAVE to see the work they do.. just flat out awesome...

im thinking of getting away from the blue and just doing green.. but then everything else i had planed for it will look stupid, like the red valve cover, red Bride ERGO seats, etc...

maybe ill just do the car gun-metal type color.. but i dunno..

i wanna make it look classic, but yet new and sporty..

how about the new CTS bright ass orange????

mike

Guest 1975yellowBSPZ

there was a thread on one of the boards, and they came up with the silver/grey from the mustang on the newer gone in 60 seconds remake. It turned me around, I think that would be the color I'd use if I was repainting (except I'd probably do a works rally replica or bre replica - but if I was painting a pure street car..)

Yeah Brad you color is very nice... i wouldnt mind a color like urs, just has to be oldschool'ish and go well with either black or gun-metal....

do they have a website with a color chart brad?

mike

AHHHHHH F it im keeping it green.... maybe just throw some more pearl in it....

now ist either make the rims centers black or paint the flares and etc gun-metal..

im just gonna go classic oldschool, with a tad of new age looks.

thanks for the votes guys...

but if you think or any other colors or think im dumb picking green then let me no.

thanks

mike

Here, maybe it will help to visualize it. The original picture resolution wasn't as great as the blue car (see below), so it didn't change colors as smoothly.

blueZ.jpg

Blue to Red car

redcar.jpg

Maybe it will help. Maybe not...

mike...

i have the ultimate solution....

blue and green plaid :malebitchslap: ????????

honestly, i think the green would look great. as for the other parts you wanted to do in red, are you a fan of yellow? i can't say i am, but the two colors do play nice together. just a suggestion..... but i'm dealing with the same color dilemma, only i have much more time to hinge back and forth before it's time to do mine.