HybridZ

Crank balance question(silly)

My friend owns a 90 Honda Accord. It has a 2.2l 140hp motor. Well it spun a bearing. He is poor pizza delivery guy, and can't afford to fix it correctly plus I don't have the time to help him with a motor install. So I decide to do the best I could do with out replacing the motor. I replaced all of the rod bearings for him. It still tapped. He then ordered one pair of oversized rod bearing, We sanded the crank for about 2.5 hours, it still ruined the new bearings. Then I came up with this idea. I pulled out the bad piston, block the crank's oil holes with a pair of bearings and radiator clamp. I then unhooked the injector, removed the plug wire. I also removed the rocker arms. To keep the check engine light off I hooked up a old Z car injector to the cars harness. The car is runnig like a champ, well a champ with one leg:) Here is my question, is the crank going to break due to being off balance?He has put about 250 miles on the motor like this.

Thanks Jason

Guest 240hybrid

Thats one way to fix the problem.. :lol: . I think if its out of balance that bad, you'll feel the vibrations when driving the car. If everything seems fine, run it. Only time will tell though. Now thats a Down South Georgia Boy way of fixing it. Luckily I was born in Ohio..lol

We sanded the crank for about 2.5 hours, it still ruined the new bearings. Then I came up with this idea. I pulled out the bad piston, block the crank's oil holes with a pair of bearings and radiator clamp. I then unhooked the injector, removed the plug wire. I also removed the rocker arms./quote]

Come on, this is a joke right?

What do you sand a crank with? I dont think they make sandpaper that is fine enough to make the surface ready for a bearing.......do they?

This is deffinently a first for me! :shock: I cant beleive it even runs half way decent. I still have to laugh about it though! :lol:

Guy

The 3 cylinder motor is still going strong. I would say that it has about 500 miles on it by now. I cut the sandpaper into strips as wide as the bearing and as long as the length of the paper. I knew that sandpaper was not going to make it "as good as new" just tried to get the bearing to last longer. It seems the this boy can't get a break, since "I fixed the motor:)"

the alternator has went out and the factory built in coil. Well needless to say it now has a coil from a 260Z, and junkyard altenator.

• 2 weeks later...