HybridZ

F350 vs. RX7

Drax240z

I know of a 2000 Volkswagon Golf TDI (direct injection diesel) 4 cylinder running aorund SoCal that turns low 12s. His last chassis dyno run saw 353 ft. lbs. of torque and 207 hp. He keeps skinny tires (195s) on the front because he got tired of blowing up transmissions.

BTW... its blue and it doesn't blow any smoke.

Guest rick458

2 guys I work with just bought Duramax/ allison chevy's and upgraded 90HP with a $400.00 programmer that is good bang for the buck

and they pull 20-23 mph of course the entry price is a little steep

by in starts at $35,00 and hits 40 plus with ease

1/8 mi. 7.19 sec. @ 100.2Mph

1/4 mi. 11.24 sec. @ 120 Mph

1995 F350 XLT 4X4 CC LB SRW Built E4OD by BTS with Baumannator controler. 12 valve Cummins with ported head, Piers race pump & Camshaft, 370 injectors, twin turbos@ 95psi boost 800 rwhp on #2 only 4.10's, Detroit locker, 36" PJ dirtgrips.

He has a twin turbo setup and runs 100lb of boost, OMFG

got this from another site

95PSI!!!!! is that possible?

• 1 month later...
Guest BigWhyteDude

wow like stony said is it possible to run almost 100 pounds of boost on any engine????

Sorry to reserect this thread and all but, i just gotta know :lol:

Andrew

I worked on a construction site doing clean up last year, and the work truck we drove arond in was a 2002 Ford Quad cab 4X4 turbo deisel. Holy crap that thing got up and moved! I couldn't believe it the first time I floored it! It took off like a normal 'Clunky' diesel truck, and when the turbo spooled up (about 2 seconds later) the thing threw me in my seat like a done up 5.0 Mustang would! :lol: Cool...

• 4 weeks later...
1/8 mi. 7.19 sec. @ 100.2Mph

1/4 mi. 11.24 sec. @ 120 Mph

1995 F350 XLT 4X4 CC LB SRW Built E4OD by BTS with Baumannator controler. 12 valve Cummins with ported head' date=' Piers race pump & Camshaft, 370 injectors, twin turbos@ 95psi boost 800 rwhp on #2 only 4.10's, Detroit locker, 36" PJ dirtgrips.

He has a twin turbo setup and runs 100lb of boost, OMFG [/quote']

got this from another site

95PSI!!!!! is that possible?

Blow one turbo into the other and you can.

Guest goldraven

im probably wrong...but i've herd that the top fuel dragsters push like 80psi from their s/c. if you build the motor right i guess it could handle the boost for like...3 runs.

My neighbor has a 2002 F250 with the 7.3 powerstroke. He added a chip, adjustable wastegate,K&N cold air intake, and 4" exhaust with a hollowed out muffler.

He`s never had it on a dyno but he says it`ll pull his 35' fifth wheel @ 60+mph up some of the steepest grades in the rockies without loading up.

BTW... he`s been through 3 transmissions,4 torque converters, and two Dana 80 rear ends.

The truck looks and sounds great. His only complaint is that the rest of the truck can`t handle the engine.