HybridZ

Damn, an SRT4 test drive gone awfully wrong

auxilary

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Kind of a sad commentary on our society that so many people could only think of the ensuing lawsuit.

I agree' date=' I havent had any experiences nearly that bad, and just the ones I have been in, I would gladly give up any owed money in exchange for my well-being. That sounds like a horrible experience, and I didnt even look at the pictures. The only aspect of the lawsuit I would focus on is that I hope he gets [i']superior[/i] medical treatment to help with the recovery.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

BTW Aux, you need to have two separate forums. One for good stuff, and one for bad. I clicked on this thread hoping to see a SRT4 in a lake or something funny. :?

and what's wrong with a lawsuit? The dealership is responsible for hiring the man who put a client's life at severe risk.

The crash has already happened, the victim is alive and able to post on the internet forum, therefore he's better off than worst case scenario. He's not in a coma, he's not a dual amputee, and he doesn't have brain damage. Good signs. The rest will eventually heal.

So, it's absolutely normal, IMO, to say "yes, a lawsuit is in order" because it's legal vindication. Would you be satisfied with keeping your life, or keeping your life AND making the best of a bad situation? This wouldn't be a frivilous lawsuit, nor did the man mention lawsuits, but I'm sure one will be filed.

The pain and suffering as well as nearly dying ensures that the lot wil pay as well as the salesman losing his job. Should lose his licence and possibly criminal action??

but I'm sure one will be filed

I bet he already filed one thing into his brain, don't ride in another car with a driver you know nothing about(except that he is a car salesman :? ). I don't remember ever taking a test drive where I didn't drive the car all the way out and back.

Guest freakypainter

at the end of his post he says that hopefully in the near future hell have a blue srt instead of the black one that got wrecked, If that were me I'd be driving home a viper from the hospital, and it would be free.

If it were me I would sue, your damn right. The idiot takes the car, puts my life in danger by speeding and wrecklessly driving and then almost kills me in the process.

Me I would own the dealership, a Viper and a cool couple mill in the process.

My buddy was out getting a ride in a new Acura TL once upon a time and ended up not buying it because the salesperson insisted on flooring the car everywhere and hitting the tiptronic ish auto box hard everywhere, he was looking for a nice luxury sedan, not a race car. He ended up buying one but went to a different dealership to get it, where the salesperson showed him all the options of the car and how plush it was.

If that was me, I would too own the dealership and get paid, after beating the crap out of that idiot salesperson.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
and what's wrong with a lawsuit?

Nothing wrong with a lawsuit, just saying it's kind of sad that most of the people on that forum seemed to mention that as the primary issue. "You are going to be rich soon... good luck on the recovery" etc. Should be focused on the other way around.

This is just kind of a touchy subject with me though, back when I almost followed the bright white light in my motorcycle accident, you would be surprised how many people said I was "lucky" because of the money I was getting for the accident, a couple were even envious and jealous. It's definitely not something that I would have repeated for any amount of money, even though I pretty much repeated it in my accident in my Z.

And: "I'd be driving home a viper from the hospital, and it would be free."

That sure is one hell of a price to call it "free".

Also, he probably wont even be able to sue the dealer. I would imagine that the dealer would have some sort of exclusion in their insurance so the claim would be against the employee, not the company. That is actually a pretty standard on any employment agreement (at least here in Sac, CA). Same reason you can't sue a Pizza company if a delivery driver hits your car. Unfortunately accident settlements arent nearly as glamourous as settlements for slipping in a puddle of soda that you spilled in a restaurant and getting enough money to buy a house or two.

Most of the people here commented about that as well... And that is a fact of life we have to deal with now. However, in this case, the guy should absolutely sue the dealership and follow up with criminal charges against the driver IF the driver was at fault in the accident.

Bottom line is the guy is lucky to be alive... And I for one appreciate Alex's contributions to the site.

Mike 8)

Man you people went off on a tangent. I am sure the guy will come to some type of financial settlement. I am equally sure the salesman feels like $hit and would do anything to trade places with the guy.

Go back and look at that original thread. There were at least half a dozen postings that only commented on the money. It was like the guy had won the lottery. How in the hell can you compliment some guy for getting a fence pole rammed through his face?

Uh, no, I have to disagree... AFTER reading the posting and AFTER realizing he was gonna live did we (And those on the site) make the assumption that the dealership was gonna get sued and should, and in not such poor taste, since the poor guy is living, and will apparently recover from his injuries...

What is SAD is the fact that an employee of a dealership chose such poor judgement as to drive wrecklessly with a customer in the car, putting them in harm's way.

You gonna tell me you wouldnt sue the dealership if that was YOUR kid laying in the hospital? If so, then you are a much more forgiving sole than I. I WAS that guy laying in the hospital at 17 due to another driver's bad actions and my parents DIDN'T sue, and instead let my insurance company dismiss the claim, causing me great financial burden at such a young age... Bottom line is IF someone else is liable for injuries caused to YOU then THEY should PAY. It is called being HELD ACCOUNTABLE for one's actions...

Mike

You're not reading what I said. How people can overlook the human aspect of this and even bother to comment about lawsuits is beyond me. Lack of manners or upbringing maybe? Maybe you could say people were just trying to look at the positive side of it, but that seems a rather disingenuous explanation to me. Our society has a lottery mentality towards accidents in general. Somehow or the other getting in an accident is a good thing because you can get "free" money.

because that's what we do, everyone analyzes it differently. Would you rather read comments where everyone jumps on the bandwagon with "I pray for you and your family" and "good luck, I hope you get well"?

These are discussion forums, and so all sorts of replies come from different people around the world. The guy can't do anything, the accident already occurred, so might as well work with what you've got. I am sure if he knew the outcome beforehand, he would've chosen to not get injured and not take the test drive, instead of the money gained from a lawsuit following this.