HybridZ

Now wouldn't this make a nice Hybrid!!

Tim240z

is that your next project Tim?

i can see it now...suicide the back doors, give it a two inch channel, maybe a slight chop on the roof, french the headlights and tailights, a nice big sliding ragtop across the entire roof, some nice thin custom bumpers, and a new grill. all of it riding on airbags an 19's.

gives me goose bumps!

is that your next project Tim?

gives me goose bumps!

Ha Ha Ha...goose bumps....ha ha ha

I am seriously considering it. It was on Ebay (and is located here in SoCal) with a starting bid of $1300 (has no Cyl. head), but no bids at auction close. I have contacted the seller offline and am waiting on a response.

Man....wait until the wife sees me pull up to the house with that on a trailer....holy $hit.....oh well....she knew how I was when we got married....no false advertising there!!

Tim

i say more of the lines of say... VG30DETT, auto, R230 rear end, air bags, 18in HRE wheels (black with polished lip), custom thin bumpers, JDM Z mirrors, some flares (nothing big), a vent on the hood and a small lip spoiler... all in a dark candy apple blue two tone with like while pearl on top :)

yumm.

oh yeah custom interior and etc :)

mike

ok excuse my inexperience in the hot rodding world, but what is channeling. I know what chopping is, and i suspect that channeling is making the body taller, or something to that effect, but i dont really know. please explain. thanks.

ok excuse my inexperience in the hot rodding world, but what is channeling. I know what chopping is, and i suspect that channeling is making the body taller, or something to that effect, but i dont really know. please explain. thanks.

In the old Hot Rodding days when bodies sat on frames the proper way to lower a car was to remove the body and cut out slots in the floor where the frame rails ran and weld in channels so the body would drop down over the frame into the channels. No loss of ground clearance, no major changes to the suspension. The challenges came in refitting the seats and other interior bits like the pedels around the channels.

But don't do it Tim. Keep it a classy cruiser. Clean it up, new paint and chrome and absolutely put a four speed auto behind a quite but powerful sbc.

I think that would make a great project. my dad is a big benz guy, and I have always wanted to drop a mouse or a gn in his '58 190sl, he has another one he is restoring for someone right now, its all stipped and I am just itching to build an engine and blister the fenders vent the hood bump and chop the door sills and windsheild tun it into a B A SLR.

but this is the one I realy want to hot rod

album_pic.php?pic_id=2788

my dads '48 studabaker. he restored it years ago, and when he finnished the benz it just started sittiing in my grandmas garage. the body, paint, and interior are still perfect, but the engine seized. last year I got it to turn free, but I couldn't get it to run yet. the old flathead six with the 6v positive ground system is a real pain.