HybridZ

photoshop help

Bob_H

I am a fan of tha color - my other Z is that color. But since I already have a green car, I think I'll pass on another green one.

Blue is nice. How did you do it so fast?

Any chance of seeing a silver-ish color?

Bring 'em on if you have more colors!

-Bob

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you guys transfer color onto the pic and make it look so real? I have photoshop but have never been shown how to do this. Is it a hard process to learn? What function in the photoshop do I need to implement to accomplish pics like these?

Just highlight the area you want to color with the polygonal lasso tool. Once you have the area you want to paint selected create a new layer. In the create a new later dialog box change the "mode" from normal to color. Select your paint brush tool and whatever color you want to paint the car. Some colors are easier then others to blend. Just keep selecting different colors until the paint brush looks right. Once you have that done you can adjust the Hue/Saturation of the layer and it will magically change colors in front of your eyes :D

Since the darkest you can go with that process is a darker grey, to get that black I just created another layer, and put it down to about 30% opacity and used the paint brush to paint a black layer on top the other color layer. Hope that helps!

Phyte

Guest bluex_v1

Hey! I know this car! I used to drive by a carwash on the way to work and it would be parked out front about once a week. It was inspiration for me. I stopped and walked around it more than once, but never got to speak to the owner. Those fenders are freaking huge tho, the pic does not do them justice.

Man that's pretty cool! But you see my problem lol. The chalky paint on the car already doesn't give us a good starting platform to work with. Not to mention all the different colors. However, I must say that you did a lot better job than I was able to do.

what you don't like pastel colors :cry:

:D