HybridZ

The Official Hybridz Video

Drax240z

I don't have a video now, but I have wayyyyy more than enough ability to get one. 8)

Seriously, do you have a deadline? It could be a while...

Also, I have a MASSIVE pet peave regarding videos: I think the best soundtrack is the engine. :twisted: If I send mine, I want the engine to be >15dB over the music so it's clear. :)

Edit: especially considering I'll be using a $1000 compressor mic that has flat response down to 16Hz.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, great responses guys. Honestly I have enough footage now to get going. (and I have) Those guys that have their cars off the road, well we'll get you next time around. :) I have a feeling there might be a few of these videos made.

If you have some big vids (10.3mb might be too large for my email) can you host them and send me the link to D/L? I have a fast connection but my mailserver limits my recieving file size.

Rage is a great idea... I will dig through those tunes and see what I can find. I had in mind a godsmack song as an option too but rage may work better. We'll see!

Keep the ideas (and cameras) rolling.

Guest bastaad525

I offered to David Karey and I'll offer to you :)

I have my own music I've done myself at my meager living room studio, it's in the Nine Inch Nails vein, distorted guitar and vocals, electronic beats, industrial/alternative rock. Have gotten quite a bit of 'fan mail' and actually sold quite a few CD's. Would love to have a song featured in a Z video. If you want to hear my songs I have them posted here:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=14717&T=1617

Keep in mind the streamed sound quality isn't great, they sound much better off the CD or in a good high kb MP3. Not sure which of them would fit a car video but most of them are fast tempo songs so shouldn't be too hard to match one up.

Z man377 - Man good footage in there, I just wish it was better quality. Do you have the opening scene to that video in a higher quality and without music? If so, then please pass it along... as well as any other shots you want to recommend. :)

bastaad525 - Thanks for the offer, can you pass along something in MP3 format? It would be cool to have the hybridz video done to the sounds from a member. :)

Wow' date=' great responses guys. Honestly I have enough footage now to get going. (and I have) Those guys that have their cars off the road, well we'll get you next time around. :) I have a feeling there might be a few of these videos made.

If you have some big vids (10.3mb might be too large for my email) can you host them and send me the link to D/L? I have a fast connection but my mailserver limits my recieving file size.

Rage is a great idea... I will dig through those tunes and see what I can find. I had in mind a godsmack song as an option too but rage may work better. We'll see!

Keep the ideas (and cameras) rolling.[/quote']

OK Drax...I figured out the new camera. It can take smaller 'email size' or very good quality (but huge file) size. I'll have to see how Image Station will allow. Anyways, I will shoot some video this weekend (as long as it doesn't rain....Princess Mongoose no likey rain). I will shoot in best quality (providing ImageStation will take it.....if you have other hosting suggestions, let me know) and email you the link. Will I be too late for this round?

Tim..

BTW...I promise burned rubber :D 8) 8)

OK Drax...I figured out the new camera. It can take smaller 'email size' or very good quality (but huge file) size. I'll have to see how Image Station will allow. Anyways' date=' I will shoot some video this weekend (as long as it doesn't rain....Princess Mongoose no likey rain). I will shoot in best quality (providing ImageStation will take it.....if you have other hosting suggestions, let me know) and email you the link. Will I be too late for this round?

Tim..

BTW...I promise burned rubber :D 8) 8)[/quote']

I can host, but keep it under a gig please. :shock:

Guest bastaad525

bastaad525 - Thanks for the offer' date=' can you pass along something in MP3 format? It would be cool to have the hybridz video done to the sounds from a member. :)[/quote']

Sure I can email you some MP3's if you like. Have you already checked out this link?:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=14717&T=7056

All my songs done so far are posted there if you want to 'sample' them and see if some/any of them fit and will work with what you're thinking of doing. If you find any you like I can send MP3's for sure. If you've already checked them out let me know if there's any in particular you think would work and I'll send them. Also let me know how high quality of MP3 you want.

Man this sucks.....I cant drive my car till spring rolls around! I can shoot some video of it up on jack stands! LOL I'll just wait to see if there is another video come spring time or if it still hasnt been made by then I will contribute! :D

Guy

Ya know,

I was thinking, because so many of us have cars in the works, maybe this should be a yearly thing. for instance, the one drax is working on could be the "HybridZ year in review '03." then next year come January, we could all work on H.Z.Y.I.R '04, that way, we would all be given our chance (more or less, some of us will never finish) to have our 1.5 seconds of internet fame. (our cars would actually:) )

anywho...

I think thats a good idea Sparky! I think it should be made in early to mid summer though, that way us guys who have cars that are on the road but cant drive them due to weather condition can contribute new video in the spring rather than video from the previous year...

Guy

Great Idea, Richard!

A few comments:

I have to agree about rather hearing the car than the music, although low in the background would be great. But I'd MUCH rather hear the engine and spinning tires than just music. In other words, make it seem like I'm watching WinterNationals clips with the pounding of the engine :).

Please do me a favor and do a version without music if you're putting Rage Against The Machine with vocals to it. I can't stand the singer's "voice". Just my personal taste. Jimi Hendrix would be where I'd start :).

I'd also prefer to not have street racing in it. It's not that I don't hammer my car on the street, or get into the occasional blast against something for a short spurt (I do). I enjoy watching a few of those vids too. It's just that I think it be better to not have street racing on a video put together as an "official" HybridZ video.