HybridZ

240z side window in a 280z?

Xander

As some of you may have read in an other thread, my car window on the driver side was smashed. Now I found a guy who has a side window of a '73 240Z. I have a european '77 260Z. this is bassicly a 280Z body with the l26 engine. I was checking in the victoria britisch cataloque and saw that it was a different part number for the two windows.

what do you think? can i place the 240Z window in a later model (280Z).

Here in the states, the doors were completely redesigned with new door latches and window mechanisms in '77 and nothing is interchangable. As for the European cars, anyone happen to know if there the same? My first guess was yes, it wouldn't make sense from a logistical standpoint to stock two different doors. But on the other hand Datsun may have been using the old stock up?

Xander, the big determining factor on interchangability is wether or not you have an external striker mechanisim on the door, or one that is inside the door.

The Fairlayd Z's had the same mechanisim from day one to day none in 78, so their stuff is all interchangable.

I suspect the bodies of the Euro 260Z should be similar to the Farilady Z, and you might be able to get away with 73 or 74 doors.

Good Luck in your search.