HybridZ

Exterior scheme

Guest Anubis

I'm thinking about painting my 280Z Midnight Purple Pearl. This color was on the 300 released Skylines. I think its the cleanest purple ever. I never thought i'd say i wanted purple but damn this is clean. Here is a pic.

Also that color on the car sitting on some white Volk TE37 18'' wheels or the Volk Gramlight 57s wheels in bronze, I think will give the Z that old school look to it.

Skyline in the Midnight Purple Pearl color

187.jpg

These are the Volks I'm looking at also (need custom offset and fitting)

The TE37 wheels (i've also thought about the silver finish, what you think?)

te37.jpg

le37s.jpg

Here are the Volk 57s Gramlight wheels

02.JPG

01.JPG

Let me know what you guys think.

Yea I'm going to have the engine bay painted in black gloss to help make what engine parts that will be chromed or polished stand out.

What do you know about carpeting the interior? I'm going to have dynamat laid down (I plan on a system later on but mind as well go ahead and comphensate for that. The lay carpet over it for a nice modern floor look. Here is a pic of a Z that has had carpet put inside.

kevin4.jpgkevin3.jpg

Look at his carpet just looks factory, thats what i'm going for but I'd like my carpet in black.

what do you know about swapping the 4lugs for a 5lug conversion?

Guest JAMIE T

My moniter is a few years old and I'm having a gard time seeing that color well enough to make an opinion of it, BUT. I like DARK purple cars. My favorite purple is Honda's "Black Current"(that's probably spelled wrong). It is so clean. If I thought my car would be straight enough for such a color, I'd do it myself...

You should have no problem getting the offset you need for Volks on a Zcar. TE37's in that size are around $500 each though. Too much for me.

im not 100% sure but that color was also on the Z32 300zx's..

they were very rare and i loved the color.

i say do it, also look at Tim240z's car, its a dark purple color... and its very sweet.

mike

If anyone has pics of any other Nissans in the Midnight Purple Pearl color please by all means shoot them my way. I'm trying to decide on a fender flare kit also. I think the Tildon (sp) fenders are a big to BIG,lol. I'm looking for the fenders that are on this Z cause I want the rear to look like this but with the fenders and the holes from where the bumper used to be to be sealed over for a flush look. This guy is from Austin if i remember correctly, cool guy!

holt3.jpg

I also have a pic of the rear photoshopped if some one can host it i'll email it to you.

I like those wheels. Also what do you think about the Volk GT-U with a bronze center and polished lip? I'm kinda iffy on that though.

Also, I'm trying to figure what all is on the front of this Z. I like it but i'd have to get it put on cleaner then he has it. No bolts showing and all.

if anyone knows what lip that is let me know,lol

anderson.gif

PICT0062.JPG

Anubis, that is the molded black eurothane spoiler that MSA sells.That car has aluminum covers where the signals go (but you knew that) he simply hasn't painted it yet,or plan to (you knew that too) :?

I will tell you though, if your a perfectionist,you'll want to put a center brace behind it as that dam has a tendancy to sag,then drag..so sad. :cry:

Anyway...you asked. :roll:

Vince